Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

How to get realsense SDK record in the background while streaming camera data?

victorll998
Beginner

Hi everyone,

I learned how to record and playback using realsense SDK.

The question now is whether it is possible to process the camera stream meanwhile record at the background? The idea is similar to what realsense viewer can do: you can turn on off record in the middle of display the module stream.

I tried to use rs2::sensor to get streaming data and rs2::pipeline to save to file at the same. But it turns out one would block another. I have read through realsense SDK documents and I didn't find anything related to this.

Thanks,

Victor

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

victorll998, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to your question, just to let you know, there is a specific department for Intel® RealSense technical support, using the link below, please visit the website and submit your question in there for further technical assistance on this matter:

https://support.intelrealsense.com/hc/en-us

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

victorll998, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to your question, just to let you know, there is a specific department for Intel® RealSense technical support, using the link below, please visit the website and submit your question in there for further technical assistance on this matter:

https://support.intelrealsense.com/hc/en-us

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
victorll998
Beginner
Thank you for your answer Albert. I have posted a new question on realsense support community and hopefully I can get answer very soon 🙂

I was seriously looking for the category for realsense earlier and now I am getting the reason why it is not here. It would be useful to highlight this information for many new users like me.

Regards,
Victor
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

victorll998, You are very welcome, thank you very much for your response.

"I have posted a new question on realsense support community and hopefully I can get answer very soon", yes, they should be able to further assist you with this subject as soon as possible.

Just to let you know, for Intel® it is very important all the feedback and suggestions provided by all of our customers, so I will send your comments "It would be useful to highlight this information for many new users like me", to the proper department for them to be aware of your remarks in order for Intel® to improve the interaction with all of our clients.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos