Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

How to get the 144hz option on my Intel® UHD Graphics 630?

daboogie
Beginner

I have it connected via DVI to my benq xl2411z and I can only the see the option for 59 / 60hz. What I can do ? I have the latest driver installed. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User
How exactly do you have this connected?
If you are running the DVI connection in single link mode, then you are limited to 1080p@60hz. If you are running the DVI connection in dual link mode, then you are limited to 1080p@120hz. There is no way to do better than that; 144hz can only be achieved with lower resolutions.
Sorry
...S
0 Kudos
daboogie
Beginner
Dual link, even 120hz would be fine. It's not for gaming, it's just that my eyes can't stand the pointer moving at 60hz anymore. Sadly my motherboard (MSI z370-a pro) has a maximum of 60hz so it's hopeless anyways.
0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello daboogie

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. For this refresh rate you can use other ports on the motherboard like the DisplayPort, but we noticed that this Monitor doesn't have a DisplayPort input. We recommend only using straight connections with no adapters or converters but that might be an alternative in your case.

We couldn't find an official website from the monitor manufacturer to confirm the specifications so you can contact them directly to check which connections they recommend.

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos