Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

How to install Intel graphics adapter when getting "Computer does not meet minimum requirements" error message?

SHage1
Beginner

I recently installed a new copy of Windows 10 on a new hard drive, I have two monitors, one plugged into a graphics card and the other in the motherboard. I have an i7 7700k so the second monitor should be using intel graphics display adapter. The display adapter never installed and when I try to manually install with the driver provided on the i7 7700k support page it says my computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements. I'll also note this dual monitor setup was working perfectly fine before the new windows installation but now if I boot into my old hard drive's windows version, the second monitor doesn't work and the intel graphics adapter is missing from device manager

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

SHage1, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to your question, we recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer/board, since that driver was customized by them work with your specific platform.

What is the model of the motherboard? For this part you may need guidance from the motherboard manufacturer. BIOS update/Settings.

In this case, for testing purposes, what we can try is to disconnect the external video card and use just the onboard Intel® Graphics controller to confirm if the monitor works that way. Once you remove the video card please install Intel® Graphics driver version 26.20.100.7584 and let us know the results:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29274/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=98909

If the monitor works fine when using just the onboard graphics controller, then connect the external video card and please run the SSU report:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

To attach the report, once you choose "reply" select the "clip" icon on the lower-left corner.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hi SHage1, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
SHage2
Beginner

Hey Alberto,

I'm replying on a new account, could not remember my original credentials. But I was able to find the problem, it was a pretty simple fix that I overlooked, the on-board graphics were disabled in the BIOS settings.

Thanks for your help,

Shane

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello SHage1, You are very welcome, thank you very much for letting us know those results.

Perfect, excellent, it is great to hear the problem with the monitor got fixed and the PC is now working properly.

Thank you very much as well for sharing the solution we are sure it will be very helpful for all the peers viewing this thread.

In fact, now, understanding your configuration I can tell that the main issue was related to hybrid graphics and its governance controlled by the motherboard (BIOS/Settings) and the Operating System.

That is the reason why its important to know what is the model of the motherboard, the Operating System and what 3rd party devices like video cards, etc are attached to the system.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos