Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

How to set only 6bit color depth in Windows 10 with Intel HD 620 and new driver?

ZBryd
Beginner

I can’t use QHD resolution on my two external monitors connected by Thunderbolt III (USB-C) with new Intel drivers.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Lewis-H
New Contributor I

In the Control Panel window, click Appearance and Themes, and then click Display. In the Display Properties window, click the Settings tab. Click to select the color depth you want from the drop-down menu under Colors. Click Apply and then click OK.

Let me know if this helps you!

Regards,

Lewis

0 Kudos
ZBryd
Beginner

Control Panel.pngControl Center.pngHello Lewis! Thank you for your answer, but Intel Control Panel is obsolete and replaced by Control Center. And Control Center doesn’t have the option for Color Depth.

I download and install the old Control Panel, but it has the same choices as Control Center – without Color Depth.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

ZBryd, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

Just to let you know, there is an update in the Intel® Communities support site about this scenario, please verify the following thread, look for the details provided by Ronald_Intel:

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004TQc5c/strange-issue-with-uhd-630-dp-12-4k60fps-hdr10?language=en_US

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello ZBryd, I just wanted to check if you saw the information provided in that other thread and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello ZBryd, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, just reply back or post a new question.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos