Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

I can not install the Intel HD Graphics 930 drivers

FBona3
Beginner

I have a P950HP clevo notebook.

With a 7-core i7 7700 processor, plus an nvidia gforce 1060.

I can not install the Intel HD Graphics 930 drivers.

During the installation of the drive the screen blinks, then turns black and then locks the system.

I can only restart windows 10 with system recovery.

Can you help me solve this problem?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello FBona3, Thank you for posting in our Intel® community. I understand that you are experimenting installation issues with our Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® Please consider that we supply generic versions of graphics drivers for general purposes. Computer manufacturers might have changed the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the graphics driver software or software packaging. To avoid potential installation incompatibilities, we recommend that you check first with your computer manufacturer and use the driver software provided by them, as our generic drivers can cause system instability such as the one that you are experiencing, specially with hybrid graphic systems (Intel GPU + discrete card). Here is the link for your OEM (original equipment manufacturer): https://www.metabox.com.au/drivers.asp We strongly recommend you to contact them for issue replication in order to isolate your issue. I hope to this helps. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
FBona3
Beginner

Thanks for the help, I'll try these solutions.

Is it possible to permanently disable graphics drivers from intel and just keep nvidia 1060 working?

I tried this through the nvidia control panel, changed to high performance processor, and in the power options indicated high performance.

In the device manager I disabled the basic Microsoft video adapter, (since I can not install HD graphics 630). It was just the Nvidia driver.

Even with these changes I did not succeed, the equipment does not go into high performance (nvidia dedicated video card)

This would be an alternative, a way of getting around the situation.

Is it possible to permanently disable intel graphics?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

No, you don't want to disable the Intel HD Graphics completely; doing so will reduce your functionality, especially for DRM-related activities.

You are likely in the boat you are in because you installed the default NVIDIA drivers. You need to uninstall these drivers and then install the versions offered by your laptop manufacturer.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

First of all, I hope you meant 4-Core (8-Thread) and Intel HD Graphics 630, 'cause that's what you have.

Secondly, you should only be using drivers downloaded from your laptop vendor's web site. In cases where a laptop has a hybrid graphics solution (i.e. both Intel HD Graphics and NVIDIA/AMD HD Graphics), the drivers for both solutions will have been modified to support switching between which solution is active. Using the generic drivers from the Intel site (and/or using the generic drivers from the NVIDIA/AMD site) will result in a non-working solution.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
0 Kudos