Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance and optimization
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
16859 Discussions

I have Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 as a display adapter and my processor is Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-3632QM CPU@2.2GHz Is it my graphics or my processor that is not supporting the third external monitor on my laptop? (4 monitors total) Thank you!

KThom35
Beginner

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Your processor graphics supports 3 monitors. How your laptop manufacturer implemented this is a question for them.

Doc

KThom35
Beginner

Thanks Doc - just need to clarify - I have 3 monitors running - the laptop display is one, 2 are external. It's the 3rd external (4th) one that is giving me trouble. Does the processor and the display adapters listed support 4? I appreciate your help.

Kathie

AlHill
Super User

Three displays includes the laptop screen.

Doc

KThom35
Beginner

I've got that working. It's adding the 3rd external to the laptop screen. 4 total - any ideas on that?

AlHill
Super User

Three displays INCLUDES the laptop screen.

Doc

KThom35
Beginner

Back to the original question

What needs to happen short of buying a new computer to support 4 monitors total?