Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20624 Discussions

I have Windows 10 and an HD 5500 graphics card, and yet I can't get rid of these ANNOYING black borders when I play games

SDrag2
Beginner

I have Windows 10 and an HD 5500 graphics card, and yet I can't get rid of these ANNOYING black borders whenever I play a game. Intel control panel has scaling and 'stretch to fullscreen' missing. Is anyone working on this? Latest Microsoft service pack didn't include any fix, and running as administrator doesn't seem to work. In fact, Windows 10 seems to outright ignore any command to change the scaling, and all games are forced into the original aspect ratio, complete with black borders.

As I have a 17 inch screen, this is extremely aggravating, and making me regret I got a Windows 10 computer with Intel graphics. I almost would say I would never buy another Intel product ever again.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello TokioJokio,

It's unfortunate that you have this issue, at this point scaling issues are under investigation, note picture below(a post provided by one of our graphics engineer);

Here you can check the post .

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
SDrag2
Beginner

So that's it? But October 8th was almost 3 months ago, and there is still no fix!

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

I understand this situation, the engineering team is still working on fixing this issue, as soon there is an answer that thread will be updated.

Regards.

0 Kudos