Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20688 Discussions

I have an Intel Core i7-4720MQ CPU with Interl HD Graphics 4600 card. It is not supporting HP ZDisplay with HDMI. It is working with VGA. But to get full resolution of 2520 X 1200 HDMI is required. How to solve this?

BKuma23
Beginner

Details of my monitor: hp ZDisplay Z30i

See attached dxdiag report.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello BKuma23,

Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities.

First, I would like to know the exact model of monitor you are connecting. Also, to better assist you with your request, I will need to check some information about your computer. 

Please follow these steps: 

1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R. 

2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.

3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop). 

4. Attach the report to this thread. 

I would also like to know if you have tried different HDMI monitors or perhaps different cables as well.

Regards,

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
BKuma23
Beginner

Hello David,

Requested information has been added to the main thread. Tried different cables and same model monitors.

Regards

BKumar.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello BKuma23,

Thank you for your response.

Upon reviewing the report you have attached I was able to see that we could update the graphics driver and see if that allows the HDMI to connect properly. Please refer to the link below: 

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28662/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40-?product=81496

To perform a clean installation of drivers follow the steps below:

1 - Download the driver using the link provided above and then disconnect the computer from the internet. 

2 - In device manager check under "Display adapters", right-click on the HD Graphics option and select "Uninstall" until only "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" shows.

3 - Restart your computer and check display adapters again to make sure only Microsoft Basic Display adapter shows, if so, please run the installation of the driver downloaded on step 1.

4 - When done, restart your system again and test.

Let me know the outcome.

Regards,

David V

0 Kudos
BKuma23
Beginner

Hello David,

I had installed the drivers but the problem is still there. Please find the attached image of error message i am getting.

Regards

BKumar.displayProblem.png

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello BKuma23,

Thank you for your response.

Up to this point, we need to try a different model of monitor just to rule out a possible compatibility issue, if possible, please connect the system to another monitor via HDMI. 

Also, please provide me with a graphics report, you can create this report by following the steps in the link below: 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics-drivers.html

Please attach it as a .txt file.

Regards,

David V

0 Kudos
BKuma23
Beginner

Hello David,

I tried with the Projector through HDMI and working fine. But if am connecting to Z30i monitor it showing Input signal out of range, Change setting to 2560 X 1600 60 Hz.

See the attached graphics report as requested by you.

Regards

BKumar.

0 Kudos
BKuma23
Beginner

Hello David,

Issue got resolved. Thanks for your kind support.

Today i changed the HDMI cable and it is working fine.

Regards

Bkumar

0 Kudos