Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

I have no sound output to my HDMI Monitor with Intel® HD Graphics 620

aheeg
Beginner

I just got and setup the following system:

(information provided by the Intel driver and support assistant)

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)

Intel® Core™ i3-7100U CPU @ 2.40GHz

Intel® HD Graphics 620

Sceptre E E248W-1920R 24" Ultra Thin LED Monitor HDMI, Metallic

All drivers are up to date, according to the assistant.

Now I know the monitor can play sound because it says so, and when connected to an older PC laptop it played sound.

Other posts I have read suggested there should be a Playback device listed which identifies an HDMI type playback.

This screenshot shows that 1 - sound is playing on a different device in the system and 2 - there is no HDMI registered

The device properties indicate an HDMI

To be clear, I hear no sound. I expect to hear sound out of my monitor. Sound is playing on something on the device, but I don't know what that playback device is.

Finally, when i Test the device it shows it is playing sound, but there is nothing!

There are no volume controls on the outside of the Monitor, and everything is set to 100 on the system.

Sincerely,

Adam

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Adam,

Everything that you have shown us is as it should be. The PC is seeing that the monitor is capable of outputting audio and has attached it and is outputting to it. I suggest that you look in the setup firmware for the monitor; there must be something that controls the volume level.

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Adam,

Everything that you have shown us is as it should be. The PC is seeing that the monitor is capable of outputting audio and has attached it and is outputting to it. I suggest that you look in the setup firmware for the monitor; there must be something that controls the volume level.

...S

0 Kudos
aheeg
Beginner

Apparently my fancy new monitor doesn't have sound built in. I was sure that it played sound once awhile back, but I guess that was a false memory.

0 Kudos