Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

I have the Intel driver update software that keeps telling me that the UHD Graphics 620 has an update only to tell me as it is attempting to install that it is incompatible with my HP Envy system...

RShea5
Novice

...and then remind me weeks later that the same "incompatible" update is available over and over

High end I7 version 8 PC...

0 Kudos
11 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

What version of the Intel HD Graphics driver do you currently have installed and what version of the driver​ is it attempting to install?

0 Kudos
RShea5
Novice
0 Kudos
RShea5
Novice

The version above is the installed one the one it is trying to install says, "Latest version: x.x.x.6912"

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Version 6346 is a non-DCH driver. Version 6444 and later - including this 6912 - are DCH drivers. What you should try is the following:

1. Ensure you have a copy of the new driver installation package on your system drive.
  2. Disable Internet access. Unplug Ethernet cable and/or disable Wireless.
  3. From Apps & Features, uninstall the older driver.
  4. Reboot (keeping Internet access disabled).
  5. Install the new driver.
  6. Reboot.
  7. Reconnect Internet.
  8. Test.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
RShea5
Novice
It still keeps recommending the update, It appeared to work successfully one time but now is recommending the update again and showing the the 6346 version again.?? I do everything in your list and the installation software for 6912 says that the software is not validated for this computer. Robin Shearin
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Did you follow the process exactly as I outlined? If you don't properly disconnect Internet access during the process, then Windows Update could sneak in and reinstall the driver. You need to follow it exactly.

...S

0 Kudos
RShea5
Novice
Did it the first time, then somehow it reverted back to the old driver, and I got the update notice, again, today and played the devil trying to get it to take the new version, again. Intel Driver Support & Support Assistant, once more, shows the latest version and the installed version as the latest, Latest version: x.x.x.6912 Installed Version: x.x.x.6912 I'm hoping it will stay that way... Sorry to bother you again. Robin Shearin
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Are you saying you've fixed it?

0 Kudos
RShea5
Novice
Yes.?? Hopefully it sticks this time...
0 Kudos
RShea5
Novice

Nope...

0 Kudos
RShea5
Novice

I got it. Thanks.

I finally had to go to device drivers, select the UHD 620, Uninstall the driver after checking "also remove associated software box," reboot and it worked on the second reboot. There was some glitch on the first one. Then it kept running the installation software after each reboot completed till I removed the installation software to the recycle bin.

Now, it shows everything up to date...