Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20635 Discussions

I think I solve the problem that Intel HD graphics can't output HDMI or DVI signal

idata
Employee

My new computer

CPU i5 2500 k

MB Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3

Monitor ASUS MS246H

OS Windows 7 x64

Days before, I also have the same problem that so many guys have.

I can't get the output from 2500K via the HDMI port and DVI port after install the driver,

It's fine while using the DVI or HDMI port.But when I install the driver and reboot,there is no display after the screen "Windows Starting".I go into the safe mode uninstall the driver to using the system driver,everything just go fine after reboot.And when I using the VGA port from the MB,there is no problem after install driver.I try many kinds of drivers, the HDMI and DVI port also have no display.

Now I solve the problem using the method as below:

1.prepare a vga-vga line,and connect it from MB vga port to monitor vga port

2.connect a hdmi or dvi line from mb to monitor

3.select the monitor output mode to VGA

4.power on the PC and login the system (Now it's using the vga,so there is no problem)

5.install or reinstall the driver and DO NOT restart after the job is over.

6.press WIN+P and select the duplicate mode (the second one) and press enter to confirm.

7.right click on your desktop and select "screen resolution" ,that you will see your monitor is seperated into two parts (1|2)

8.then change your monitor output mode to HDMI or DVI,Is it working now?

9.remove the vga line,and the output form hdmi or dvi is good

10.reboot the PC and everything is OK

Hope this method is useful to you,thanks.

1 Solution
tbox1
Beginner

I SOLVED this problem.

I had the same problem long time. i have vga and hdmi output on my pc but only one was recognized. i installed several drivers,

including the special drivers mentioned in this tread to solve the 'hdmi not recognized' problem. Noting helped. So.. what helped?

Solution: 1) Completely uninstall the current Intel driver from 'device manager'

2) restart. Windows finds new device and updates it with latest intel driver! ( you could also do this manualy of course)

Problem solved: Now, for the first time Both , my vga and hdmi are recognized in the intel graphics properties! and they are bothe recognized when i plug a cable in either vga

or hdmi and i can select multiple monitors in intel grahics properties.

So always deinstall to default vga before installing driver.

cheers, Tom

View solution in original post

113 Replies
AWest8
Novice

Your drivers are ancient, what we need is new drivers that works. This is obviously a big problem that has been going on for more then a year now effecting a lot of disapointed byuers and users out there. Refering to old drivers won't help at all. Please put some professionalism into this matter!

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hezarfen,

We are working towards a resolution on this. In the meantime I would like you to try our latest driver at the following link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23714 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23714

0 Kudos
IMilo
Novice

Kevin,

Driver version 15.33.18.64.3496 that you recommended are still "no go" for DVI or HDMI.

Still no progress on initializing graphical output (DVI and HDMI) on Windows logon.

Workaround is desable and reanable graphical device (manually or thorough a script), but it is not a proper resolution for this defect.

Please, let us know if developers are working on a proper solution to initializing graphical outputs.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
CMart25
Novice

I have the same issue. I have to execute manually a sctipt. Does anybody know how to automate this on windows wakeup from suspend/hibernation?

Thanks

0 Kudos
IMilo
Novice

Hi clamaver,

You can create new task in Task Schedule, and chose to trigger the script "on idle"

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Administrative Tools\Task Scheduler.

Hope that works.

0 Kudos
TSmal1
Beginner

As far as I can tell, the problem is:

. Newer Intel firmware versions (this is typically included in the motherboard BIOS) fail to detect a monitor on the digital outputs, it then disables the DVI output.

. The Windows driver doesn't try to re-enable the DVI output (although new version of the Intel Linux Xorg driver does have this option now via the "ReprobeOutputs" option).

Worked example:

Asus p8h61-m le/usb3 motherboard, with Pentium G620T processor, BIOS version 4501

Connect "Formac Gallery 1900" monitor to DVI output.

No BIOS output, and no output within Windows 8.1 (.

Connect using remote control (Google Chrome Remote Desktop), and verify 'Display' list empty in Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel.

Shutdown machine.

Connect Dell E248WFP to DVI output and power-on.

Output is displayed via BIOS and in Windows.

Without powering machine off, remove DVI connector, and connect Formac Gallery 1900 monitor to the DVI connector. Observe that displayed is output correctly on the Formac monitor.

BTW I get the same behaviour with an Iiyama monitor.

System Info Output from incorrectly-working Video BIOS version:

Intel(R) HD Graphics

Driver Version: 9.17.10.3517

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1(6.3.9600)

Default Language: English (United Kingdom)

DirectX* Version: 11.0

Physical Memory: 3801 MB

Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G620T @ 2.20GHz

Processor Speed: 2194 MHz

Vendor ID: 8086

Device ID: 0102

Device Revision: 09

* Processor Graphics Information *

Processor Graphics in Use: Intel(R) HD Graphics

Video BIOS: 2124.0

Current Graphics Mode: 1024 by 768

When I get a chance, I'll update this and post the working Video BIOS version (at least for the monitors which I have).

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Thanks for sharing this information. We have come up with a newer Beta driver version and I would like you to try. Here you can download the BETA driver:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3720&DwnldID=23858 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3720&DwnldID=23858

If you are still encountering problems, please post your results and experiences at this post:

/thread/51391 https://communities.intel.com/thread/51391

0 Kudos
ABabe
Beginner

I have the same problem. After installing the driver and restart HDMI no longer works.

I tried with Windows 8 and Windows XP Pro SP3.

Mainboard:GA-H77N-WIFI (1.0)BIOS Ver:F4Grafik Model:intel hd graphics 3000CPU Model:Intel Core i5-2500 KOperation System:Win 8 64-bit, Win XP pro SP3DD3 Memory:CorsairSize:8GBMemory Part No.:CMV8Gx3M1A1333C9Power Supply:CoolerMaster GX750W 750 Watt

# Here, the data in Windows 8#

Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000

Report Date: 6/4/2014

Report Time[hh:mm:ss]: 20:06:50

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 Enterprise N(6.2.9200)

Default Language: German (Germany)

DirectX* Version: 11.0

Physical Memory: 7882 MB

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz

Processor Speed: 3293 MHz

Vendor ID: 8086

Device ID: 0112

Device Revision: 09

* Processor Graphics Information *

Processor Graphics in Use: Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000

Video BIOS: 2137.0

Current Graphics Mode: 1360 by 768

* Devices Connected to the Graphics Accelerator *

Active Digital Displays: 1

* Digital Display *

Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor

Display Type: Digital

Gamma Value: 1

DDC2 Protocol: Supported

Maximum Image Size:

Horizontal: Not Available

Vertical: Not Available

Monitor Supported Modes:

248 by 155 (60 Hz)

248 by 155 (60 Hz)

248 by 155 (60 Hz)

248 by 155 (60 Hz)

248 by 155 (60 Hz)

248 by 155 (60 Hz)

248 by 155 (60 Hz)

248 by 155 (60 Hz)

640 by 480 (72 Hz)

640 by 480 (60 Hz)

640 by 480 (75 Hz)

720 by 400 (70 Hz)

800 by 600 (75 Hz)

800 by 600 (72 Hz)

800 by 600 (60 Hz)

1024 by 768 (60 Hz)

1024 by 768 (70 Hz)

1024 by 768 (75 Hz)

1360 by 768 (60 Hz)

Display Power Management Support:

Standby Mode: Supported

Suspend Mode: Not Supported

Active Off Mode: Not Supported

Raw EDID:

00 FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 0E D4 01 00 01 00 00 00

1A 15 01 03 80 00 00 00 8E 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

00 00 00 AD CE 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

00 00 00 00 00 00 34 21 50 B0 51 00 1B 30 40 70

36 00 20 56 00 00 00 1A 00 00 00 FC 00 43 72 79

73 74 61 6C 20 56 69 65 77 0A 00 00 00 10 00 00

00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 10

00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 3C

* Other names and brands are the property of their respective owners. *

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 6/4/2014, 20:13:04

Machine name: #

Operating System: Windows 8 Enterprise N 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200) (9200.win8_gdr.140309-1509)

Language: German (Regional Setting: German)

System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

System Model: To be filled by O.E.M.

BIOS: F4

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.7GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 7882MB RAM

Page File: 1126MB used, 14691MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.02.9200.16384 64bit Unicode

------------

DxDiag Notes

------------

Display Tab 1: No problems found.

Sound Tab 1: No problems found.

Sound Tab 2: No problems found.

Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------

DirectX Debug Levels

--------------------

Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)

DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)

DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)

DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)

DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)

DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)

DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000

Manufacturer: Intel Corporation

Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family

DAC type: Internal

Device Type: Full Device

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0112&SUBSYS_D0001458&REV_09

Display Memory: 1760 MB

Dedicated Memory: 256 MB

Shared Memory: 1504 MB

Current Mode: 1360 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor

Monitor Model: Crystal View

Monitor Id: CVT0001

Native Mode: 1360 x 768(p) (59.664Hz)

Output Type: DVI

Driver Name: igdumd64.dll,igd10umd64.dll,igd10umd64.dll,igdumd32,igd10umd32,igd10umd32

Driver File Version: 9.17.0010.3517 (English)

DDI Version: 10.1

Feature Levels: 10.1,10.0,9.3,9.2,9.1

Driver Model: WDDM 1.2

Graphics Preemption: DMA

Compute Preemption: DMA

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 3/20/2014 08:40:48, 12617728 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: Yes

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Have you tried all suggestions mentioned before on this thread?

0 Kudos
ABabe
Beginner

On the motherboard Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI (1.0) there are only 2x HDMI and 1x DVI. DVI works fine. But I want to use only one display via HDMI. So the main monitor is supposed to work over HDMI. Therefore, it is not possible every time Disable Device / Enable Device to perform.

We have tried the following:

-Yes, we done the Control panel -> Device Manager -> Display Adapters -> Right Click on The Intel HD Graphics -> Disable Device / Enable Device. HDMI works until there is a restart is performed.

-Yes, we done the installing the latest driver version. Did not work.

-Yes, we done the control panel - display - change display setting - detect. Did not work.

-Yes, we done the Intel Graphic and Media Control Panel - Multiple display. Only detect one DVI display.

-Yes, we disconnected the DVI display and boot with only HDMI display connected. Yes, the system booted and running Seemed. But HDMI display is black.

-When you override installation of graphics driver (same version to previous installation before restart) connectors DVI and HDMI working (no restart), and you can switch to Those. (Same workaround as disable or enable in device manager).

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Babel,

I see you have done many troubleshooting steps but I would like to ask you, have you tested a different HDMI cable (better quality if possible) and another tv?

I know I may sound silly asking this but are the last troubleshooting steps you can try or you can try with a replacement if the unit.

0 Kudos
MBird
Beginner

Hello Intel,

Is anybody there? This thread is 2 years old and still no fix.

I've just brought a brand new PC, i7 4790 with HD4600 graphics, Gigabyte GA-H81M-D2V motherboard, no O/S.

Installed Windows 8, installed Intel drivers for graphics card, dual monitors works great.

Reboot machine, DVI port stops working.

I have to disable/enable display adapter in device manager as suggested in this thread to get it to work again.

I've tried the beta drivers, the current drivers and the previous drivers - no change.

Having to do this everytime I switch on the computer is getting tiring.

As a programmer myself I cannot believe that this is that hard to fix. Members in this thread have mentioned that disabling and re-enabling the display adapter after login re-activates the DVI. Surely that's enough information to fix this?

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

@ MattBd, This issue is still under investigation.

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
SCail
Beginner

Hello,

I have the issue with the HDMI port not working correctly until I disable+enable the device.

I also have another laptop that has the same kind of issue with the LAN driver (I217 adapter, windows 8.1, latest drivers)

The cable is not detected until I disable+enable the adapter. Then the adapter works fine.

Could it be a more "generic" driver issue ? (that is, the issue is not specific to video drivers)

Regards

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

We appreciate all the feedback you have provided but I also want to apologize for the delay. I am going to send all this feedback and I am also sure development team has been checking on this one.

Kevin M

0 Kudos
DFiln
Beginner

My situation is the same but not exactly the same - most posters seem to have HDMI problems.

My system (ASROCK Z87E-ITX) has been happily providing HDMI output from day one (HDMI mb connector to HDMI monitor), but when I connected a second monitor via the DVI connector --- oops, that's through a DVI-to-HDMI cable - to another identical monitor, Windows 7 doesn't notice the second monitor at all unless I do one of the above-mentioned processes on every boot - reinstall the driver or disable/re-enable the graphics device - and then it's fine until the next time. So in my mind, it was the HDMI that was working and the DVI that wasn't working... but I don't know from a tech standpoint if DVI-to-HDMI means it's still an HDMI-specific problem. I don't have a monitor with DVI input to test the question.

Anyway looking forward to GETTING A FIX.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

And is there a possibility for you to test a different DVI adapter? If the output from the motherboard is DVI the signal will be sent as DVI and will be converted to HDMI by the Adapter. Is there any way for you to test another adapter? Active if possible?

I am not recommending using adapters but if you have the chance you can try.

Kevin m

0 Kudos
AWest8
Novice

Hi people of Intel!

I followed this problem of yours for a year now.

How long are you going to do this? can't you honestly tell people "it just doesn't work" and stop spending users time and energy?

Is there anybody here who managed to get this to work by the help of Intel?

Anybody?

0 Kudos
NCust
Beginner

Hi,

I think I solve this problem , but for real this time.

I have the same simptoms as others (DVI not working in dual monitor setup - analog VGA & DVI).

During the boot both monitors are active and displays windows boot picture, but after boot (in windows) DVI monitor is dead (black screen).

My DVI monitor is connected to PC with high quality DVI-D Dual Link cable. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:DVI_Connector_Types.svg link to DVI cable types). DVI connection in dual monitor setup not working with this cable.

When I changed cable to DVI-D Single Link cable, problem is solved, everything works as expected&continue to work after reboot.

So, problem is DVI-D Dual Link cable/intel driver interaction. Use DVI-D Single Link cable and all is OK.

PS Hey Intel, send some goodies to me, I solved your problems .

0 Kudos
SPark41
Beginner

I replaced my father's DVI-D dual link to HDMI cable with a DVI-D single link to HDMI cable and it works fine as sikahr stated. Good work!

0 Kudos
dcrai2
Beginner

I just spent 2 days having the same problem. It is 100% an Intel software problem. The enabling/disabling of the driver in device manager works all the time. It may be a moody cable sense issue/voltage sense issue on 1 of the channels that the driver is not responding to correctly, but it is clearly fixable in software on the driver side. It doesn't happen in Linux at all with the same mainboard.

Mine has DVI and HDMI. The machine will start and run with only 1 of those outputs (either DVI or HDMI) when booted normally with loading the Intel driver at runtime, the other display on the other output works fine during POST, remains alive during the Windows welcome screen (W7x64), but then presumably when the Intel driver loads, one of the screens goes black, one of the displays claims no signal sensed on the monitor, so clearly a voltage sense problem in the software during handoff from Windows to the Intel Driver.

The cables I'm using have worked with several other computers (using the competitors embedded GPUs as well), and they worked fine in exactly the same configuration. I'd be perfectly willing to accept that Intel has a different voltage sense requirement, and therefore adheres to a specific cable spec. I'd be more than willing to spend $20 on some new cables if I knew they would work. But so far, its unfortunate that our friends at Intel aren't trying to figure out what the problem here is..... as it clearly is in the Intel HD Graphics Driver software package, unquestionably

0 Kudos