Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

I want to set low custom resolutions in order to boost performance, but the latest IGCC drivers do not allow anything below 800x600. Do I have to roll back to an earlier driver to manually set something like 800x500 or 640x400, or is there another way?

clin02
Beginner

I'm using Win10 with a Core i7-7660U CPU and Iris Plus Graphics 640 GPU on a Mac Pro 14,1 with Boot Camp, and before the most recent IGCC driver updates I was able to set low resolutions to boost game performance significantly. However, this is no longer possible and many programs now suffer significant lag or become unplayable due to the loss of this feature. What is the optimal solution for this situation?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You need to contact Apple for support of your Mac Pro.

Doc

0 Kudos
clin02
Beginner

This is not a Mac Pro issue. It's a software/graphics driver issue on the Windows side, and it uses Intel technology, so I asked here

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Apple has requested all issues be directed to them.

Doc

0 Kudos
clin02
Beginner

This has literally NOTHING to do with Apple, since I'm asking about Intel's integrated graphics card driver ON WINDOWS 10. Apple is of no help in this issue, trust me I've tried and they redirected me to contact Intel company support

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello 3000022601411.5627863254819832E12

Thank you for posting in the Intel Community.

You have to take ins consideration that the minimum requirement for the display is 800X600 (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028142/windows-10-system-requirements) you can try setting a custom resolution on the Intel® HD graphics or the Intel® graphics command center, in case the behavior still persists the information provided by Al Hill is correct as per Apple request issue with their system have to be referred with them. 

Regards,

Leonardo C.                        

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos