Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20775 Discussions

I7-2600K Intel HD Graphics (igdkmd64) Crash Win 7 x64 when using HDMI

idata
Employee

Hi,

Getting frustrated - help please. Every time I try to use an LCD TV (using mobo HDMI-out to TV HDMI-in) it results in a BSOD with STOP 0x16—telling me that the igdkmd64 did not recover. Usually before the BSOD I get something like "Display driver igdkmd64.sys stopped responding and has recovered" several times, and them–KABOOM.

The system works fine with a VGA monitor without the HDMI attached.

This is a clean Win 7x64 (Home Premium) install on a minimal system:

ASUS P8H67 B3 (Realtec HD Audio, and Realtec Gbit Network);

i7 2600K with Intel HD3000 on processor graphics

4 Gb RAM (2x 2Gb) DDR3 1333

HD - Crucial C300 128Gb SSD AHCPI.

Supposedly (?) I have the newest HW drivers

The culprit TV's are an older Olevia 42"-1080i, and a newer 26" VIZIO 1080p. Both are HDCP compliant, and both work fine with HDMI from a DVD, A/V Receiver or cable box.

So far I have tried swapping HDMI cables, tried using a DVI-out to HDMI adapter (TVs don't have DVI ports) – same result. Tried removing one memory stick (leaving only 2Gb on a single slot) same problem. Also tried with various BIOS settings -- no help. The same things happens if I booth in Safe Mode with networking, but not in Safe Mode. So, I disabled the network drivers and devices, and rebooted normally --but didn't help, same BSOD.

Have been searching the web and forums, but nothing seems to be helping.

Any suggestions are much appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

@Leonardo

Where did you got the old driver version? Having the same issue, wanna give it a try...

Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
443 Replies
idata
Employee

Glad to hear you got the same Motherboard as a number of people experiencing the problem. It seems others with the H67 chipset and different motherboards are having the problem as well though. I'm not sure it's specific to the Asus board.

Simply not updating is a short term solution at best, but I'm willing to wait a little longer. At least until I get closer to running out of time to return my hardware.

To make things more interesting windows update now offers an updated driver which I installed without thinking and of course immediately BSODed on reboot.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

im using a sanyo 52 inch for my hdmi...but when i update and swith to hdmi it dont work gives me error and then a blue screen so uninstalled the new update....

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@Robert_U

But please Notice: I used DVI with Acer 17" TFT and Core i5 on Intel DH67GD Board.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Robert,

I was able to reproduce the problem fairly regulary during the initial build of my system. Hooked the system up to an Asus LCD Monitor, installed 2342, and ll seemed fine. Shut the system down, moved it to a Sony LCD TV via HDMI ---> BSOD. Booted into safe mode, uninstalled 2342. Booted into Windows normally, installed 2342, all seemed fine. Relocated the system to its permanent home. Attached it to a Sharp LCD TV ---> BSOD. Uninstalled 2342 (safe mode) and eventually installed 2291. Since then, no more BSOD's, however I do have a spontaneous crash about once every three days. Crash dump analysis cannot identify the driver causing the problem.

Hope this helps you reproduce the problem.

Dan

Asus P8H67-M EVO (BIOS 1502)

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

8GB G.Skill DDR3-1600 ram

Ceton InifiniTV4 Tuner

Intel i5-2500K CPU

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Another incident......it happened to me as well:

- P8H67 EVO Asus

- Samsung Monitor

- 8 G Corsair RAM

- Windows 7/64

VGA works

VGA + HDMI - BSOD (all screens look good through POST and then blank at boot)No signal reported on HDMI

HDMI - No signal

have not reverted back to 2219 yet.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi is so good! How I can do this for my page?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
Like said in my previous post, I have this MB (P8H67-M EVO). I can easily try different versions of drivers because I don't currently use this computer.Maybe I will try the new version (15.22.1.2372) to see, if like jcasares, my crashes of drivers will stop. But generally, I prefer to try the drivers from official sources (and not station-drivers).
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Robert_U,

I have two computers with the same problem with de intel driver

When i install a intel Driver i get a BSOD.

The configurations i have are the next:

CPU i7-2600K, intel desktopboDH67 GD (B3), 16 gb ram kingston 1333 mhz, monitor iiyama resolution 1920 x 1080 and a connection with the desktopboard via a HDMI cable.

next configuration:

CPU i7-2600, GIGABYTE Motherboard GA-HA65M-D2H-B3. 4 gb ram (2x2), monitor iiyama resolution 1920 x 1080 and a connection with the desktopboard via a HDMI cable.

I use Windows 7 64 bit all patches loaded.

The intel driver version i have tray are: 8.15.10.2342 and 8.15.10.2361 and 8.15.10.2279.

I allways get a BSOD. When i disable the driver the computer work with bad video resolution.

I hope that you can find a solution. If you like i can test something for you.

Paul Doeven

idata
Employee

La Comunidad Intel un buen medio para la comunicacion .Sobre todo sus nuevas tecnicas llenan de innovaciones.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Have BSOD experience on new build based on ASUS P8H67-I Deluxe with Intel i3-2100 currently with 1 x 2GB Corsair RAM installed.

Display is W2242T plugged in via DVI.

BSOD messages vary with no real pattern.

Initially installed the display driver that shipped with m/b. With this version had some messages that driver stopped but system was able to restart the driver successfully. Then did first Windows update that installed an updated Intel display driver. On restart, display became unstable with flickering, then black screens, then BSOD. On reboots problem seemed to worsen. Generally get BSOD within 5 minutes, occassionally could get about 10-15 minutes use before BSOD. Have loaded no programs at this stage except Win7 SP1 32 bit + first round of updates via Windows Update.

After Googling, saw a posting that suggested display driver was issue, so rolled back progressively thru the two drivers available on ASUS site for this board while in SAFE mode. First rollback still had BSOD. Had awful problems after reverting back to 2219 with Windows reporting Update failures during boot up and indicating that it was looking to go back to earlier stable position, or some such message (was getting very late at this stage and patience at an end). So closed machine down. Next morning my son booted computer and all seemed to come up ok. He was able to use for some time, before closing down. Driver 2219 was installed at this stage.

Also came to view that display driver was issue. Given number of driver changes at this stage, decided to start again with clean install, and installed with all required drivers off ASUS cd EXCEPT display driver, so was just using the Windows default driver. System was stable and able to load all my required basic programs (Virus software, pdf reader, Chrome, etc) and all Windows updates EXCEPT the Intel display driver. So tells me that it is the display driver at fault here. Have now backed up this basis build so I can now play with display drivers and have a base install to easily revert to, if problems arise.

Thinking of installing v2219 as posters generally seems to think this is most stable version. But will follow this thread for a while longer before doing so.

As an aside, could not install Win7 initially as kept stopping around 11-13% progress mark decompressing files, with various file corrupt messages. Had 2 x 2GB identical Corsair RAM modules installed at this stage. Read on net that dropping back to one stick could stop problem. So removed one of the sticks and Win7 installed ok. Still running on single stick at this stage. Just mention this in case it is relevant.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Further to earlier post, to clarify, screen is LG W2242T, had updated Bios to latest on ASUS site for this m/b, and yes, have Win 7 SP1 32 bit (Enterprise). Audio drivers per ASUS m/b cd. Board is the B3 stepping version (Revision 3.0) with the SATA fix. In use with WD 500mb blue notebook HD in an Antec 310-150 case. The Corsair memory stick is listed as approved by ASUS. Nice compact setup except for this BSOD issue.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Robert_U,

Any update/progress you can share with us? Please advice. Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Loading up the OS's on the system as I type. Should have some repro information soon.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

OK,, finally got the BSOD with the ASUS MB. Now debug begins.

0 Kudos
MSchm21
Valued Contributor I

Glad to hear you got this BSOD. So in your case it's Mainboard related.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@Robert_U

Can paul.doeven@you-ml.nl paul.doeven and me help that problem from ASUS Board on our Intel DH67GD (B3) ? Or must that board specially tested, too? I want to find a period until the problem can be solved.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

I Am Having this problem also, But i Using Philips 40" Full HD LCD (40PFL5605S/98), i have try my other philips 32" HD ready LCD it work fine, but in my 40" LCD cannot, isit the new driver got problem when have HDMI 1080p resolution cause BSOD?? i am using old sriver now work fine. i am using I5

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Very glad to hear there is some progress on this issue. Looking forward to some of the improved game performance in the newer drivers once it gets resolved.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

We will get it resolved,, there is no doubt of that. May take a while though,, it has to go through a lot of processes to fix and deliver a driver to the public site. Your patience is appreciated.

idata
Employee

Hooray!!!

Robert_U, much appreicated!

Can't wait for your next release now

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Robert_U:

Nice job on recreating this bug. I suspect that might be obvious (could you simply Code_Dif 2119 vs latest code for a clue?) but we leave it your capable hands. And yes, we recognize the test and release of new code is likely longer than root causing the problem. Good luck!

0 Kudos