Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20708 Discussions

INTEL will you fix Fallout 4 corruption via driver update?

sshau2
Beginner

As the topic headding says,

Intel has been looking into this as we're meant to believe.

A community discussion has been here since 5/5/2016 and I am still hopeful about the fix

Fallout 4 has had graphical corruption since updated to v. 1.3 of the game.

Can I please have an update on Intel's progress on solving the issues.

Since I use my HP tablet, Core M 6Y54 with HD 515

I don't really play but I mod on the tablet in my spare time at work and this is basically preventing from even bothering to try.

Skyrim works fine and I mod often with creation kit and test Skyrim on the tablet. It performs quite well.

As does Fallout 4. I get 20-25fps and am happy with performance. As I said I use this for molding as I have a monster crossfire rig for gaming.

I like to mod while on the go!

Screen Grabs included are game version 1.3 very heavily corrupted

But with latest updates and driver.

I am getting simple black lines and specific scenes missing objects such as toilet paper roll as an example or a shelf is missing with objects in free air!

0 Kudos
33 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello ToxsickcitY:

Thank you very much providing that information.

Based on that, we will continue with our research in order to try to find a possible solution for this issue.

Any questions, please let me know.

Alberto

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello everyone,

We just published a new Beta driver that should address most graphics corruption in Fallout 4* and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition*.

Please review all the information on this Beta before doing the installation:

We appreciate all the feedback you can provide us on this Beta.

Kindest Regards,

0 Kudos
JBush2
Beginner

Hello Ronald,

maybe you can answer for my question (or who can)?

(availables drivers for my GPU: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/75460/Intel-Core-i7-4500U-Processor-4M-Cache-up-to-3-00-GHz- Downloads for Intel® Core™ i7-4500U Processor (4M Cache, up to 3.00 GHz) )
0 Kudos
sshau2
Beginner

Hi Alberto,

I just updated the driver 4501 onto my Intel desktop

i7 4790 processor

This system has 32gb Ram and a Asus maximum hero VII board

With fallout 4

The Intel HD 4600 will CTD trying to load any saved game, it says display driver stopped working

The system works fine as tests with skyrim and few other games.

The driver also installs with no driver control panel which is odd.

Tried to manually launch the exe in system folder did not launch the panel either

0 Kudos
sshau2
Beginner

Hi Alberto,

I have an update on the matter!

I have just trail and error changing settings some hidden advanced settings and might have found the one.

So in:

My documents\my games\fallout4\fallout4custom.ini

if you add the line

bForceAllRenderTarget=0

under the [display]

section

this is usually

bForceAllRenderTarget=1 (ENabled)

disabling this feature in the games engine this has completely stopped the buggy face textures.

I have tested this by fast moving to over 20 locations and never showed!

I have attempted at least 10 game loads also, so I can verify this with a high % of being solved

usually it will show the blocky textures after 1-2 fast moving locations

please let me know if this is also helping your case?

you should be able to use this to your advantage in solving this issue

if you have any questions let me know

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello ToxsickcitY:

I just wanted to check and make sure if the problem was fixed or if it still remains with the game, since you marked a post as correct answer?

If the problem persists, please try the following driver it is 4552 and let us know the results:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26464/Intel-Graphics-Beta-Driver-15-45-?product=88354 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26464/Intel-Graphics-Beta-Driver-15-45-?product=88354

Thank you very much to Ronald_Intel for the information posted previously.

To HummerUSickle:

The processor you are using works with Intel® HD Graphics 4400 controller and the latest graphics driver for it on Windows® 8.1 is version 4414, please try to install that driver and if the issue persists after that please submit your inquiry on a new thread, the reason for that is that every scenario is different, even if the same product is being used, so, for us further assist you and also in order for us to help you with the specific problem the PC might have, please submit a new thread, here is the link for the driver:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25978/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-15-36-?product=81497

Let me apologize for any inconvenience.

Alberto

0 Kudos
JBush2
Beginner

Hello Alberto (intel_corp)

15.36 driver version already has been installed, but i still have problem with Fallout 4

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello HummerUSickle:

In regard to your inquiry, please try the following driver, it is the beta 4552 and it should fix the problem with Fallout 4:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26464/Intel-Graphics-Beta-Driver-15-45- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26464/Intel-Graphics-Beta-Driver-15-45-

To ToxsickcitY:

Please try that driver as well and let us know if after trying that the issue still persist or if it was resolved.

Regards

Alberto

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello ToxsickcitY:

I just wanted to check if the problem with the game got fixed or if it still remains?

Alberto

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello ToxsickcitY:

We hope the issue with the game got resolved.

If you need further assistance with this case please let me know.

Regards

Alberto

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello ToxsickcitY:

I just wanted to check if you were able to install driver 4552 and if the issue persists or if it got resolved?

Regards

Alberto

0 Kudos
FBucu
Beginner

Hello.

Any timeframe for the fixed driver for Windows 7 Intel HD Graphics 4400?

The last version now is 15.36.

Thank you in advance,

Florin

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello FlorinBucur:

In order for us to further assist you, please submit your inquiry on a new thread, the reason for that is that every scenario is different, even if the same product is being used, so in order for us to help you with the specific problem the PC might have, please submit a new thread.

Let me apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards

Alberto

0 Kudos