Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance and optimization
Announcements
The Intel sign-in experience is changing in February to support enhanced security controls. If you sign in, click here for more information.
18294 Discussions

Installing A750 in Dell PowerEdge R720 Server

Klomgor
Beginner
The server has 2 Intel Xeon E5 2697 V2 processors and it has 2 PCIe risers that make it easy to get the GPU installed.
However, the riser has one 8-Pin power socket, while the A750 needs one 8-Pin and one 6-Pin Power Connectors.
Dell has a “GPU enablement kit” but it doesn’t One-to-Two power connector cables. Is there a workaround for that to get it working?
And if not, will an A380 work as it doesn’t need a power source? Is it possible to install two A380 together?
I reached out to Dell’s support but I didn’t get a useful answer.
4 Replies
LuisGustav_A_Intel

Hello Klomgor,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® Communities Support. 

We are glad to assist with your concerns about using Intel® Arc A750 without 2 separate cables or using two Intel® Arc A380. 

Please provide the exact motherboard-making model, taking into account the basic requirements for these cards described in the link below

Intel® Arc™ A-Series Graphics – Desktop Quick Start Guide

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000091128/graphics.html 

In the meantime, as I discover more about your computer problem, please download, run and reply back attaching the .txt file of the tool Intel® System Support (For download click here). 

steps: Open

the tool> click on scan> on dropdown

Summary/detailed>next>click on Save (save the information to a

file)>name it as you want> and attach it in your email reply.   

Best regards, 

Luis A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

LuisGustav_A_Intel

Hello Klomgor, 

We have not heard back from you about your inquiry and pending information to continue.

Best regards, 

Luis A. 

LuisGustav_A_Intel

Hello Klomgor, 

I have not heard back from you about your inquiry and recommended steps outcome. If you need further assistance, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Thank you for choosing Intel.  

Best regards,  

Luis A. 

LuisGustav_A_Intel

Hello Klomgor, 

I have not heard back from you about your pending information. If you need further assistance, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Thank you for choosing Intel.  

Best regards,  

Luis A.