Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

Installing A750 in Dell PowerEdge R720 Server

Klomgor
Beginner
The server has 2 Intel Xeon E5 2697 V2 processors and it has 2 PCIe risers that make it easy to get the GPU installed.
However, the riser has one 8-Pin power socket, while the A750 needs one 8-Pin and one 6-Pin Power Connectors.
Dell has a “GPU enablement kit” but it doesn’t One-to-Two power connector cables. Is there a workaround for that to get it working?
And if not, will an A380 work as it doesn’t need a power source? Is it possible to install two A380 together?
I reached out to Dell’s support but I didn’t get a useful answer.
4 Replies
LuisGustav_A_Intel

Hello Klomgor,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® Communities Support. 

We are glad to assist with your concerns about using Intel® Arc A750 without 2 separate cables or using two Intel® Arc A380. 

Please provide the exact motherboard-making model, taking into account the basic requirements for these cards described in the link below

Intel® Arc™ A-Series Graphics – Desktop Quick Start Guide

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000091128/graphics.html 

In the meantime, as I discover more about your computer problem, please download, run and reply back attaching the .txt file of the tool Intel® System Support (For download click here). 

steps: Open

the tool> click on scan> on dropdown

Summary/detailed>next>click on Save (save the information to a

file)>name it as you want> and attach it in your email reply.   

Best regards, 

Luis A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
LuisGustav_A_Intel

Hello Klomgor, 

We have not heard back from you about your inquiry and pending information to continue.

Best regards, 

Luis A. 

0 Kudos
LuisGustav_A_Intel

Hello Klomgor, 

I have not heard back from you about your inquiry and recommended steps outcome. If you need further assistance, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Thank you for choosing Intel.  

Best regards,  

Luis A. 

0 Kudos
LuisGustav_A_Intel

Hello Klomgor, 

I have not heard back from you about your pending information. If you need further assistance, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Thank you for choosing Intel.  

Best regards,  

Luis A. 

0 Kudos