Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20628 Discussions

Integrated GPU

danypm0307
Beginner

Hi

I installed a windows server on my gaming desktop PC. Is there any way to have igpu and my Nvidia card enable for resource sharing?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JosueO_Intel

Hello danypm0307,

Thank you for posting on the Intel®️ communities. I hope the information provided by the Super User was helpful. 

As a piece of extra information, it is important for you to know that this feature is called hybrid graphics or switchable graphics. This allows you to use both integrated and discrete graphics cards installed on the system. The availability of this feature will depend on each manufacturer. Our recommendation is to check with your OEM to see if the feature is available for your system. You may also need to check with Microsoft to confirm if the Windows* Server version you are using supports this feature. 

You may also find some information on Hybrid/Switchable graphics in our article " Frequently Asked Questions for Switchable Graphics Feature"

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005669.html

Hope this information is useful, if you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
danypm0307
Beginner

i just have a dedicated gpu. (nvidia) 

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User
Typically, in desktop system designs, the iGFX engine is disabled automatically when the dGFX engine is detected. It is possible for this feature to be disabled and both engines used simultaneously, however.
The iGFX engine uses system memory as VRAM, allocating from the pool available. A dGFX engine, on the other hand, has dedicated RAM on the dGFX card.
It is unclear (to me) how their VRAM could or even should be shared. There is typically no direct interaction between iGFX and dGFX engines at all. Please be more specific - and a lot more verbose - in what you are suggesting.
...S
0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello danypm0307,

Thank you for posting on the Intel®️ communities. I hope the information provided by the Super User was helpful. 

As a piece of extra information, it is important for you to know that this feature is called hybrid graphics or switchable graphics. This allows you to use both integrated and discrete graphics cards installed on the system. The availability of this feature will depend on each manufacturer. Our recommendation is to check with your OEM to see if the feature is available for your system. You may also need to check with Microsoft to confirm if the Windows* Server version you are using supports this feature. 

You may also find some information on Hybrid/Switchable graphics in our article " Frequently Asked Questions for Switchable Graphics Feature"

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005669.html

Hope this information is useful, if you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos