Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21282 Discussions

Integrated Graphics Not Working At All Need Help

Shine8
Beginner

I have an intel i9-10850k I just did a fresh install of windows 10 21H2, installed all intel drivers and even have the driver tool, in device manager my intel UHD 630 (integrated gpu) is not showing up in display adapters, prior to my windows reset it was working, I even went into my bios, I have an Asus TUF Gaming Plus Wifi motherboard and followed steps on how to get igpu Multi-Monitor enabled and the option to enable or even disable is simply not there. I then looked up my cpu and downloaded the correct driver installer, and it spits out error code 8 immediately. I also tried manually adding the display adapter in device manager, but only microsoft display adapter comes up, nothing with Intel. Previously before I reset my windows to a fresh install I had the 4090FE and my UHD 630 working with zero issues.

I also have a 4090 FE on the latest driver via GeForce Experience 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User
In Desktop systems, the BIOS default is to disable the iGFX engine when a dGFX engine is detected. Somewhere in the BIOS settings will be a parameter that allows you to have the iGFX engine always be enabled.
If you cannot find the parameter, check with your motherboard manufacturer.
Hope this helps,
...S
0 Kudos
Shine8
Beginner

Adding System Diagnostic from Intel Graphics Command Center, and System Support Utility screenshot

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User
Nothing in Windows is going to help. This is a BIOS-level issue.
...S
0 Kudos
Shine8
Beginner

So yeah the  "iGFX engine" you mentioned is the same thing as enabling "iGPU Multi-Monitor;" and where I was explaining that for my motherboard, the troubleshooting for this is to enable Multi-Monitor, I went into advanced and then System Agent Configuration, then Graphics Configuration, then there should be what's called iGPU Multi-Monitor underneath Primary Display, my bios doesn't display the "iGPU Multi-Monitor" part. 

https://www.asus.com/global/support/FAQ/1045574/#bbb followed from here and many YouTube videos, there is supposedly a fix by turning off CSM, but people reported by doing that then their discrete gpu stopped displaying so I've been trying to find another fix...

I think I'm going to update the bios of the motherboard tomorrow and see if that helps...

0 Kudos
Shine8
Beginner

Just Updated to 1801 BIOS for the Asus Tuf Z590 Gaming Plus Wifi motherboard and the problem still persists...

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User
Turning off CSM means (to me anyway) utilizing only UEFI Boot. If you've installed Windows using Legacy Boot, then disabling Legacy Boot is not going to work properly; you need to convert to UEFI (i.e., GPT) partitioning before making this change.
...S
0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @Shine8,

Were you able to check the previous post? Let us know if you still need assistance.  

Best regards,  

Carlos L.  

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @Shine8,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,  

Carlos L. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos