Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20718 Discussions

Intel 530 crash to black screen

JPae
Beginner

Computer make and model: Gigabyte P55Wv6-NE2. Laptop.

Graphics driver: Intel version 15.45.10.4542 (11/9/2016)

Also installed: Nvidia 1060 GTX. Driver ver: 376.33 (12/13/2016)

Occasionally and at seemingly random intervals, my laptop will crash to a black screen, requiring a hard reboot. The only time it never seems to crash is when I am playing a game (presumably because the Nvidia GPU is taking over).

I've been able to "solve" the issue by going into the Device Manager and disabling Intel graphics. However, this is not acceptable as a long term fix, as this reduces functionality (e.g., I cannot adjust the brightness setting of the screen and the Sleep function becomes disabled) and graphics performance suffers.

I have already tried uninstalling the driver through the Device Manager, installing the latest (non-beta) driver manually, and restarting. My laptop continues to experience crashes whenever the Intel GPU is enabled.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello mrwasabi90,

Please try the following;

Update your BIOS to version FB04/FD04

Update the Intel Management Engine software

Update the Intel Chipset Software

Here you can find those files http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=6015# driver GIGABYTE - Notebook & Netbook - Laptop - P series - P55W v6.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/109744 mrwasabi90, were you able to follow the suggestion mentioned above? Does the issue persist?

Let me know your findings.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos