Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21286 Discussions

Intel ARC A750 update causes Win 11 blue screen

genegx
Beginner
This is a new issue. Installing the latest ARC 750 graphics update 31.0.101.4255, I got W11 blue screen at the end of the process. Driver, however, appears to be installed and working. Support log attached. I note that the Driver and Support Assistant shows the installation of the combined graphics as "Installation Failed". Device Manager shows that the ARC A750 is updated to 4255, but UHD 730 driver is at 4032.

Everything seems to be working fine, but an app that blue screens Windows is always worth attention. (note I am a retired Program Manager from Microsoft, Developer Tools, Data Access Group).

Additional information: I installed via the Intel Driver and Support Assistant which runs on startup. There were three updates, the other two installed fine.

I have a dual monitor setup, with my main monitor running off of the ARC A750, and my secondary monitor uses the I5 13-400  integrated graphics. IntelSystemSupport log attached.

Let me know if you need any additional information.

Thank you,

Gene G.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello genegx,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We understand that you face a BSOD when updating the graphics driver.

In order to have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

• Do you recall what BSOD error you faced?
  • Does the Intel Arc Control software is working fine?
  • We would like to further investigate this matter and have more solid information about the system crash. Provide us a memory dump file, here is more information from a Microsoft article with information about how to create the dump file.
  • Also, we would like to have more system information, so please, create a report using the Intel® Graphics Command Center:
  • Open the Intel Graphics Command Center
    • Navigate to the Support tab
    • Select System Diagnostic
    • Click Generate Report
    • Select Save and name the output file.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
genegx
Beginner

Do you recall what BSOD error you faced?

>>> No, it restarts before I can get my camera to capture the icon.

Does the Intel Arc Control software is working fine?

>>> Yes.

We would like to further investigate this matter and have more solid information about the system crash. Provide us a memory dump file, here is more information from a Microsoft article with information about how to create the dump file.

>>> Attaching two .DMP files from 3/29 and 3/30, which correspond to both BSOD's that happened at end of install.

Also, we would like to have more system information, so please, create a report using the Intel® Graphics Command Center:

>>> Will have to send in a second reply, upload too large due to two .dmp files.

0 Kudos
genegx
Beginner

Intel Graphics Command Center fails, writes 0 byte file, says "Could not create bug report".

When dropping .DMP file into files box, this reply just hangs on uploading. Size is 5432 kb, so not close to max. Wil try in separate reply and wait to see if it completes uploading after some period of time.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello genegx,

Thanks for the information provided.

We will send you an e-mail to the e-mail address associated with your community profile, so you can share it with us the .DMP files attaching it to your email response.

Also, take a screenshot of the Intel Arc Control/Settings/System information/GPU Info

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello genegx,

We hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
genegx
Beginner

performed the BIOS and other driver updates for my ROG b670 MB, and have not yet attempted a clean install. I'm waiting until I have a day with some time available in case of further iss

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello genegx,

Thanks for the information provided.

We understand that you need more time to try options to solve your issue. We will wait for you to try and solve the problem you are experiencing. We will wait a few days to check the outcome of these steps.

Also, remember that we have reached out to you through the e-mail address associated with your community profile to share it with us the .DMP files attaching it to your response.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello genegx,

We hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
genegx
Beginner

Thank you every thing is fine now. Interestingly enough, after following the instructions for a clean install, the clean install still blue-screened. When my PC restarted. the A750 driver was updated, the integrated graphics reverted to the Windows VGA driver, and ArcControl was not updated. I downloaded the driver from the site again, and started a new installation. I noticed that this install had a "Repair" option. I checked that and it went through re-installing a number of different drivers in addition to the 730 graphics and the new ArcControl.  So, perhaps there were other drivers that were involved in causing this issue.

So all is A-Ok, at least until the next Arc graphics update! 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello genegx,

We are glad to know that the system is working fine after you installed the driver by checking the "Repair option."

Thank you for taking the time to share this fix, and hopefully, it may help other community members experiencing similar behavior. Since the thread is now solved, we will proceed to close it. Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos