Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20985 Discussions

Intel ARC A770 3 Monitor setup issues

Serpo33
Beginner

Hello, 

I am looking for help setting up 3 monitors to act as 1 monitor for sim racing games using the ARC A770. There are 3 different software's that control displays. Windows settings, ARC Control panel, and Intel graphics downloaded from the Microsoft store. The ARC Control panel does not allow me to extend all 3 displays into one, and when identifying the monitor numbers, (as in this monitor is number 1, or 2 ect....) it does not have the same numbers as windows settings does. The only option I could find to make the monitors all act as one was the Intel graphics application. Now in this app, it will only allow you to extend the display one at a time, so once I extend the display to all 3 monitors they are out of order and I am unable to rearrange them because they are all one monitor. 

2 of the monitors are connected via display port and one is connected HDMI, all drivers and windows updates are completed. I am considering a fresh install since windows and arc control have conflicting information on the monitor identifying numbers.  I also am going to try all 3 with display ports, but looking for any information to help. The process is fairly easy with NVIDIA Surround and with AMD adrenaline software, but cant seem to figure this one out or find any information online. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Serpo33,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I can imagine how frustrating this is for you, to figure out what is causing this behavior, I would like to confirm the following:

1. What is the brand and model name of your motherboard? I want to know more about your system.

2. What is the BIOS version installed? Just to confirm that is the latest one.

3. What is the operating system installed as well as the version and build? Just want to have the full information since you mentioned that you are using Windows.

4. What are the brand and model names of your monitors? This is to check compatibility.

5. What is the graphics driver installed? Just for confirmation.

6. Are all the monitors directly connected to the Arc card? Just to make sure.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Serpo33
Beginner
Hello, I was able to solve the issues thanks for the response! I solved the issue by making setting the main monitor as the first two I combined. So since I had to combine monitor 1 and 2 and afterwards combine that combination to monitor 3, I set the combination of monitor 1 and 2 to my main/default monitor. Then when I combined them to monitor 3 they all connected together as one large monitor in the correct order. It didn’t seem to matter which two monitors were combined to begin as long as one of them was the center monitor. Thanks again!
0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Serpo33, 

I want to double-check with you to confirm if you require more time to collect the information required or if you were able to solve it.

Let me know if you need further help.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Serpo33, 

I was checking your thread and see that we have not heard back from you.  I’m going to close your post, but if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to create a new thread. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Serpo33,

We are glad to know you found a solution, thank you for taking the time to share this fix, and hopefully, it may help other community members experiencing similar behavior. Since the thread is now solved, we will proceed to close it. Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding. 

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos