Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20994 Discussions

Intel ARC Graphics Driver Update BSOD

genegx
Beginner

Again, problems with installing the latest Intel Arc Graphics. Arc A750 discrete card, Iris 630 Integrated Graphics.

ASUS ROG Strix B760-A Gaming WiFi D4 Motherboard, latest BIOS

Win11 64 23H2 Build 22621 155

1. Performed Clean Install. Result: BSOD with KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

After restarting, ARC A750 driver was updated to version 31.0.101.4314. Iris Driver was still old version.

2. Downloaded driver again from Intel Driver site. Install offered repair option this time. Result: BSOD with VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR. After restart A750 driver was updated, but Iris Driver reverted to Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.

Additional Info: I did not proceed with the additional Clean Install steps due to note that says "DO NOT use the steps referenced below to install Windows DCH drivers, as doing so bypasses the Intel installer designed to install these new drivers, thereby possibly resulting in minor to catastrophic issues on your system and system instability." I did look on the Asus Motherboard support site and it had a VGA drivers update, "Intel Graphics Accelerator Driver V31.0.101.4146 For Windows 10/11 64-bit." that I also attempted to install, but the Intel Install dialog said "Something is wrong" and would not proceed.

The ARC driver seems to be OK, and the generic windows driver is working for my second monitor. Nonetheless would like to be able to get a clean update of both drivers to the latest version without a BSOD. Have also run sfc /scannow and it shows no problems.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello genegx

Thank you for your answer, it has been really helpful.

I will wait for you to play some games and let me know if you do not have any problems with the BETA version.

If the BETA graphics driver works fine for you, please follow the steps below:

Let me know the results.  

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello genegx,

Thank you for posting on the Intel®️ communities. I am sorry to hear that you are having Blue Screen of Death issues with your Intel® Arc™ A750 Graphics, I will be happy to help you.  

To have a better understanding of the situation, please answer the following questions: 

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
genegx
Beginner

Please re-read my issue. The BSOD occurs when installing the latest update to ARC graphics.

I have an ARC card installed or I would not be trying to install the ARC Graphics update for my ARC 750 card, so YES, the BSOD happens with the card installed as I am trying to update the drivers for the card.

Resizable BAR is active.

Again, as I said, the ARC 750 portion of the driver update install succeeds.

I am using and have been using the ARC 750 card with 0 issues.

The issue is that the Intel ARC Graphics update fails and causes a BSOD before it installs the integrated graphics portion of the driver. I have both the ARC 750 card and Intel Integrated Graphics (I5-14-300 CPU), and I use both, the ARC 750 for my primary monitor, and my second monitor plugs in to the onboard graphics 630, and that is what my second monitor uses.

Report for Intel Graphics Driver creates a 0 byte text file.

SSU report attached.

Thanks for you attention to this matter.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello genegx,

Thank you for your response, and all the information provided it has been really helpful.

The reason why I asked if it happens without the Arc graphics card it is because I just wanted to make sure that it happens just during the driver installation. I really appreciate the clarification.

Please follow the steps below and let e know the results:

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
genegx
Beginner

Okay, did all this, which takes a lot of time as also had to update Intel ME before the updated BIOS. Flashed the BIOS, reset up all my BIOS settings, etc.

I downloaded the Beta driver you directed me to, install got same result: BSOD VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR. After restart, ARC driver updated to 31.0.101.4335. Integrated Graphics driver not updated, stays as Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.

Re-ran install using Beta driver exe, selected Repair option, same as before: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED.

The ARC 750 card seems to be fine. Will play some games with it tomorrow to make sure no problems with this Beta version.

Otherwise, open to trying something to get the 630 graphics updated as well and stop these install BSOD's, The basic Windows driver seems to work fine on the secondary monitor, but I only use it for the browser or other docs as needed.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello genegx

Thank you for your answer, it has been really helpful.

I will wait for you to play some games and let me know if you do not have any problems with the BETA version.

If the BETA graphics driver works fine for you, please follow the steps below:

Let me know the results.  

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
genegx
Beginner

Andres P., you just made my day! Finally a good install with no BSOD!!!

Intel should include the DDU utility as part of their tools for customers using ARC. Not only did it fix the problem, it also fixed another problem, and renumbered my Displays as 1 and 2 correctly, 1 being my primary using the A750, and 2 being the secondary using 730 integrated graphics. These were reversed before.

Thanks much!

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello genegx,

Happy to hear that the issues were fixed, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards, 

Andres P.  

0 Kudos