Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21075 Discussions

Core i9 13900K +Arc a770

Wilsucesso75
Beginner

Olá...

Tenho uma máquina montada com Core Quad Q9550 e não tenho do que reclamar...

Estou vendo de montar outra máquina esse ano e quero colocar Core i9 13900K e uma placa de vídeo Arc a770.

Minha pergunta:

Se o Core i9 já vem com Intel UHD Graphics 770 e eu coloco mais uma Arc, vai melhorar bem na questão de desempenho gráfico ou não surtirá muita diferença?

Obrigado a todos...

0 Kudos
7 Replies
OTS
New Contributor I

Hello Wilsucesso75,

I was reading a translation of your question so it is possible that I did not fully understand your question.

Most software use only 1 graphics card. Adding more graphics cards does not make the software faster because the additional graphics cards don't do anything.

If you have a slow and a fast graphics card mounted, then the speed of the software depends on which graphics card is used.

0 Kudos
Wilsucesso75
Beginner

Olá OTS...

Quero montar um pc novo e gostaria de saber se eu colocar um i9 13900 + placa gráfica ARC a770 vai aumentar o desempenho gráfico?

Obrigado pela atenção. Sucesso para você...

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @Wilsucesso75,

Our support is only provided in English. We may not be able to translate screenshots attached to the thread. To better assist you, we use a translation tool, hence; the translation may not be completely accurate.

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. We appreciate your questions and concerns. Here is some useful information: 

• Integrated graphics (In your case, the Intel® UHD Graphics 770)

Integrated graphics is a GPU built into the processor. Integrated graphics hardware doesn't use a separate memory bank for graphics/video. Instead, the GPU uses system memory that is shared with the CPU. Since integrated graphics is built into the processor, it typically uses less power and as a result creates less heat, which can result in a longer battery life. Processors with integrated graphics are most commonly found in smaller form factor systems such as laptops and Intel® NUCs. 

• Discrete graphics (In your case, Intel® Arc™ A770)

Discrete graphics is a GPU that is a separate from the processor. Discrete graphics has its own dedicated memory that is not shared with the CPU. Since discrete graphics is separate from the processor chip, it consumes more power and generates a significant amount of heat. However, since a discrete graphics has its own memory source and power source, it provides higher performance than integrated graphics. Discrete graphics cards are most commonly found in desktop PCs. Laptops and small form factor PCs can also contain discrete graphics cards.

If you have any additional questions, feel free to let me know.

Best regards, 

Carlos L.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Wilsucesso75
Beginner

Então vamos supor...

Se eu for fazer um trabalho de render pesado e o pc tem i9 13900 e uma ARC a770.

O pc vai usar o poder de processamento somente de um processador ou vai juntar os dois (i9+Arc)?

Sucesso para você e obrigado pela atenção...

0 Kudos
OTS
New Contributor I

Hello Wilsucesso75,

when you do rendering, then it is possible that no GPU is used.

For software developers the easiest solution is to write a software that uses the CPU with only a single thread. So even if you have 8 cores then only 1 core is used and 7 cores idle.

Writing a software which uses more than 1 CPU thread so that more than 1 CPU core is used makes the software writing more complicated and needs more development time.

Writing a software which uses even the GPU makes the software writing MUCH more complicated and needs MUCH more development time.

Writing a software which uses several GPUs is something that nearly noone does.

I have no idea which software you are using and how much time and efforts the developers have spent into accelerating the rendering process. If you like to know this, then you should ask the developers of the specific software.

But as @Carlos_L_Intel already pointed out, a graphics card does not only have an impact on performance. It has also a lot of downsides. Like a higher energy consumption, lower battery run time, more heat (which causes all components nearby to die earlier), more noisy cooling, more software problems and a higher price. 99% of the time you use your computer you won't need the additional graphics card.

I personally use a "slow" and cheap Intel Atom. It has passive cooling and an integrated graphics card. My whole system (CPU, motherboard, memory, harddisk, display, keyboard, just everything) needs 8 Watts. I can run this system from a power bank for many hours. Others need hundreds of Watts and always need access to the power grid. But it's not as if the computers of others would be hunderd times better. Even the speed of my system is good enough for what I do. I also do graphics rendering with Blender and video editing from time to time. But for video editing I use a fast software. Rendering 30 minutes of video costs me 3 minutes. But I only render like 1 video every month or so. So even though I have slow hardware, speed is no big problem on my system.

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @Wilsucesso75,

Were you able to check the previous post? Let us know if you still need assistance.  

Best regards,  

Carlos L.  

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @Wilsucesso75,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,  

Carlos L. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos