Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20706 Discussions

Intel Arc A750 and Display Link driver compatibility

ZedLS
Beginner

I have recently built my new PC, Ryzen 5 5600X, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, 32GB Corsair Ram, Asrock Challenger A750, I have 2 monitors connected to the GFX card and I also run 2 monitors via Display Link (Lenovo Hybrid Dock). Since building this rig I have found the performance of the Display Link monitors to be very stuttery with possible buffering issues noticed when scrolling websites or watching videos. It all worked fine on 11yr old system. The major difference between the 2 is the new Intel Arc graphics card and drivers.

The question is: - what is the compatibility between the Intel driver and Display link for desktops rather than laptops?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello ZedLS

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing performance issues on your system with Intel® Arc™ Graphics. In order to verify this issue and the compatibility, please let us know the following information:

• What is the exact model of the Display Link device that you are using and how are you connecting it to the GPU, if possible provide the direct link to the device manufacturer.
  • For the monitors that are directly connected to the GPU, do they work fine?
  • Please share a video showing this issue.
  • Create a log file with the Intel® System Support Utility and attach it. 

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
ZedLS
Beginner

Hi Hugo,

Thanks for the reply,

The Display link device is a Lenovo Hybrid USB-C with USB-A Dock https://www.lenovo.com/gb/en/p/accessories-and-software/docking/docking_usb-docks-(universal-cable-docks)/40af0135uk?orgRef=https%253A%252F%252Fwww.google.com%252F

it is connected via USB-A, same when I connect it to my work laptop.

The 2 monitors connected directly to the GPU work fine, Log file and video attached

Regards

ZedLS

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello ZedLS

Thank you for letting us know this information. Please let's try installing the latest driver version 31.0.101.4125 and install it through a clean driver installation.

If the issue continues, we would like to confirm the following:

1.-Is this DisplayLink device connected to the USB-A port on the motherboard?

2.-Does the same issue happens if you connect the device through a USB-C port?

3.-Is Resizable BAR enabled on your system?

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
ZedLS
Beginner

Hi Hugo,

Installed the new Beta driver as clean install, no difference on displaylink monitors,

The displaylink dock is connected via USB-A (same on my laptops) there is no USB-C port on the back of the motherboard or on my case.

Resizeable BAR is enabled as advised by the driver originally.

BW

ZedLS

0 Kudos
ZedLS
Beginner

Hi Hugo,

It appears that when I have the Hybrid dock connected this is now affecting the main monitors too, I get stuttery sound and video playback.

KR

ZedLS

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @ZedLS,

Thank you for your posts. I want to clarify a couple of things, so I can continue with my research:

• Did you test this with any other cards? If so, did it work as intended?
  • What happens if you remove the video card and only use the onboard graphics?
  • Did you have any other cards previously install in this system?

Best regards, 

Carlos L.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ZedLS
Beginner

Hi Carlos,

This is a brand new system, all parts ordered at the same time. It replaces my 11year old system which was an AMDFX based machine with Nvidia GTX1650 Graphics, this old system worked with the same dock connected. 

I have not removed the graphics card as there is no onboard graphics.

I built this system to a budget and used the Intel graphics as the price had just been reduced, and also for 1080P gaming.

I could try the old graphics card but not sure if that would give a viable answer.

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hello @ZedLS,

Thanks for the information. I completely understand. I will proceed to check a couple of things internally and post back as son as I have more information. I appreciate your time.

Best regards, 

Carlos L.  

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @ZedLS

We have not tested this component with Arc A750. The use of docking stations/adapters/converters is something we can't guarantee or support due to the wide variety of devices out there.

Since it was confirmed that this is working well with straight cables, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,  

Carlos L. 

0 Kudos