Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20812 Discussions

Intel Arc A770 16 GB hardware acceleration issue in browsers.

vanci
Novice

Hello, I have the following config device name AsRock-PC-Bild
Processor 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13500 2.50 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB (31.8 GB usable)
Device ID 13497330-1D3B-4727-AE05-73572946F2B2
Product ID 00329-10291-48818-AA062
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch Pen or touch input is not available for this display
ation. Windows 11 Enterprise operating system - reinstalled several times, updated to the latest version, graphics driver too. In addition, I have also activated from the BIOS - the video card built into the processor. There are several problems, but the most important one is - when hardware acceleration is enabled in the browser - all video clips on You Tube and/or another streaming site freeze for a second while the sound is fine. It doesn't matter if I use Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome. If you turn off hardware acceleration in the browser, that's fine, but the CPU is heavily loaded because it's doing all the video processing. It cannot be the temperature of the card, given that when I watch the video it is 44 degrees Celsius and even the cooling and fans have not turned on. I also had an Ark A 380 when I plugged it into my 4K TV with an HDMI cable, until I unplugged the cable and plugged it back in it didn't want to show more than 30 hertz refresh when I did and it went to the normal 60 hertz for my TV. Now with the Ark A770, no matter what I do, I don't get more than 30 hertz picture refresh. In addition, the card persistently says that I connected it via display port and not via HDMI. Again, my drivers and operating system are the latest versions and are cleanly installed.

0 Kudos
28 Replies
vanci
Novice

Intel SSU report 

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello vanci

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. I will be glad to help you tithe the freeze issues when playing videos from streaming services.

Based on the system reports you shared, I see that your system's BIOS is outdated, please visit your motherboard manufacturer's website and update your BIOS to the latest available version, to ensure the best performance and compatibility with the GPU. Also, I would recommend that you test different cables and check if the issue happens on DisplayPort as well.

If the issue continues to happen, please share with us a short video showing the issue and at the same time showing the task manager performance tab so we can check the video decode graph and check the GPU behavior.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
vanci
Novice

It has been tried with various HDMI cables that are certified up to 8k resolution, no change. I don't have a monitor that supports DP port, even for my other HDMI monitor (which is my old 32 inch full HD TV) I took a DP port to HDMI adapter and there it is at 60 hertz refresh, but do I connect my 4k TV through this adapter the resolution drops to 1080 HD and the refresh rate is 60 hertz, I can set to 4k but I don't have HDR. I have shared the video you requested. Thanks for your time. VID_20240105_080027.mp4

0 Kudos
vanci
Novice

I also updated the BIOS, the problems persist.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello vanci

Please note we are providing troubleshooting for the issue you reported related to the 1-second freezes when playing YouTube videos on your system, if there is any other issue with the refresh rate, please open a new thread so we can assist accordingly.

Getting into the issue, and based on your video I did not notice any type of freeze and the decoding graph from the task manager looks consistent with no drops, it would be better to share a video showing the YouTube window and the task manager graphs so we can check what type of freeze you see.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
vanci
Novice

Hello. Since the problem only occurs when the video is in full screen, so I can't put both the task manager and the browser on the screen because the video needs to be in full screen. If Ark Center data works for you? I have attached two clips showing how the video freezes for exactly one second. And why should I open another thread, can't this one also discuss my other problems? VID_20240106_063300.mp4 VID_20240106_063426.mp4

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello vanci

We need to keep one issue per thread so we can ask for information accordingly and in case there is a real bug we can document it properly for debugging.

I would like to get one more system report from the Intel Graphics Command Center (Intel GCC) so we can share your monitor specs and fGPU firmware version as we might need to check if this issue is reproducible or perhaps isolated to your system.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
vanci
Novice

I understand, but I think it's possible that the problems listed stem from a common one, so I've described them in this thread, and solving them in separate threads will lead to more problems. I am attaching the report requested by you. I'll also link to a You Tube clip where I'm having trouble playing it.I Bought a $300 Gaming PC on TaoBao (youtube.com)

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello vanci

Thank you for sharing the report. We have just released a newer driver version 31.0.101.5085, please re-test with the latest driver and check if the same freezes still happen.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
vanci
Novice

I installed the latest graphics driver. By doing a clean install. But the problem persists.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello vanci

Thank you for letting us know. Since the issue still happens after updating to driver 31.0.101.5085 we will check if this might be reproducible in our lab. Once there is more information to share or in case we need more information from we will let you know.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
vanci
Novice
Please test with the video in my above post, in which I most visibly have a problem. The problem always exists when the clip is full screen.
0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello vanci

We will be testing the video you shared along with other YouTube videos as well. Also, just a couple of pieces of information I wanted to check, Could you please let us know if this issue has been present since you first got the GPU or did it started to happen after a certain driver update, in addition, please let us know if Resizable Bar is enabled on your system.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
vanci
Novice

Resizable Bar is enabled on my system, even my video card control center shows it. Regarding when the problem started... Hmm I think from driver 31.0.101.5081 WHQL and 31.0.101.5122 WHQL. Thanks for your time.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello vanci

We will continue to investigate this problem. we will let you know once we have more information.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
vanci
Novice
0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello vanci

We want to let you know that we are still working on setting up a lab to test this issue. Once there is more information we will let you know.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
vanci
Novice

A little update on my problem. If I connect my TV to the HDMI port on my motherboard - that is, I use the UHD770 video card built into the processor, the problem is gone, I even have a 60 hertz picture refresh. However, if I connect the TV to the Ark A770, the problem is there and I don't have a 60 hertz picture refresh... And yes, all nine cards are activated through the BIOS to use Intel Deep Link. And I have updated to the latest graphics driver 31.0.101.5186 / 31.0.101.5234, my browser and it is up to the latest version. Thanks for your time.

0 Kudos
vanci
Novice

And I thought I was the only one with this problem... I will say just one thing - Intel has no problem with the integrated graphics in the processor, only with the Ark graphics card. So if more than one user has the same problem, please discuss it with your technical department and/or the Chromium community.https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-ARC-Graphics/Arc-has-issues-with-everything-that-uses-Hardware-acceleration/m-p/1556767#M11031 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello vanci,

Thank you for all your time. 

We have completed the reproduction of your issue, we tested this and we were not able to reproduce the issue the videos played without any type of stuttering or freezes.

I recommend you install our latest graphics driver available, since this may help to fix the issue, by following the steps below:

Let me know if you have further questions

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos