Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21286 Discussions

Intel Arc A770 artifacts and flickering on Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge

destroyboot
Beginner

Hi,

Today I bought myself an Arc A770 16GB (for gaming) and did not do a lot of tests as of yet, before running into a rather large issue. None of my installed browsers are usable with this graphics card. Everytime I perform the action that moves/changes anything on the screen in the browser, be it scroll or click, the screen flickers and artifacts are showing up for the duration of the loading new view (video attached). I tried searching the web for similar problem, but unfortunately I have not found anything browser related.

I have 2 monitors:
- Gigabyte M27Q connected via Display port
- Lenovo T2224pD connected via HDMI

The other thing that may or may not be connected to this issue is that the system starts with the second monitor (Lenovo), but when the Display port comes alive it "turns off" by going black screen and needs to be turned off and turned on to get recognised by the Windows/card. This is something that also started with the A770.

If anyone have any suggestions as to how resolve this issue, help is greatly appreciated. For now I will just browse internet with my phone.

Best regards,
Matt

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
destroyboot
Beginner

I believe I have found the culprit. It was my motherboard which had firmware from 2020 and therefore was not ready for the Arc series.

I have flashed my BIOS to the newest available, enabled REBAR and now everything works as it should (the other thing with monitor not turning on also). So to all of you that might have stumbled upon similar problem, check your BIOS 🙂

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
destroyboot
Beginner

I believe I have found the culprit. It was my motherboard which had firmware from 2020 and therefore was not ready for the Arc series.

I have flashed my BIOS to the newest available, enabled REBAR and now everything works as it should (the other thing with monitor not turning on also). So to all of you that might have stumbled upon similar problem, check your BIOS 🙂

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello destroyboot

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities.

We are glad to know you found a solution, thank you for taking the time to share this fix, and hopefully, it may help other community members experiencing similar behavior. Since the thread is now solved, we will proceed to close it. Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos