Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20684 Discussions

Intel Arc A770 crashes in Detroit become human

Bill_da_da
New Contributor I

Hi,

I encountered a crash in Detroit Become Human in the Chapter Russian Roulette. With driver 5186, the crash happens as soon as Connor open the tap towards Hank. I can only access that part by browsing and entering through chapter selection and my original save somehow will crash immediately after load it.

I have reported this issue once and it is happening after the new driver update.

The intel Arc A770 is the limited edition, the graphics setting is everything on high and depth field on low. I have tried DDU the driver and install again the 5186 driver and it is still crashing.

The game distribution is the latest version on Steam. 

Thanks,

Bill Ge

0 Kudos
9 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Bill_da_da,

Thank you so much for posting in our Intel communities.

We understand that you are having an issue with your game since Detroit Become Human crashed. You are in the Russian Roulette chapter.

To begin with, please provide the link to your previous community thread so I may be able to check your conversation and avoid providing the same questions and recommendations.

Thank you, and have a great day ahead!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Bill_da_da,

We are checking in with you on the Detroit Become Human crash issue we are having in case you have any additional queries or require further explanation. Please know that we would be happy to assist you if you have any.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
Bill_da_da
New Contributor I

Hi Carmona, 

This is not a duplicate post of the previous problem. The problem is the same and it is happening after an update of the driver. I was previously having this issue on an older version of driver and it solved the problem after an update. Now with another update, the 5186 driver is having the problem again. This is this post is for. 

Thank you,

Bill Ge

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, Bill_da_da.

Thank you for your confirmation. As I tried to search on my end, I found this link: (https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/Intel-Arc-on-Detroit-Become-Human/m-p/1542085), where you posted that the same issue, "Intel Arc on Detroit Become Human". In this previous thread, we recommend performing a clean installation of the graphics driver with DDU. Also, we've provided this link (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000091878/graphics.html), where you find how to use the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to uninstall an Intel Graphics Driver and you told us that after the driver update, the problem got fixed but the performance is still poor. Just to confirm, are you reporting again the same issue (the game still crashing)? As such, I found an article that might help fix the issue, kindly refer to this link: (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000097340/graphics.html)

Keep me informed of the results.

Best Regards,  

Von M.

0 Kudos
Bill_da_da
New Contributor I

Hi VonM, 

The clean installation(after DDU) of the latest driver with the version number ending in 5194 crashed as soon as I entered the chapter(which is even worse).  The article is not about this issue, it is about the issue in one of the previous chapters of the game.  So far, the game is still crashing on both 5186 and 5194 drivers in the chapter within this post. 5186 crashed immediately after Connar turned on the tap and 5194 crashed immediately after entering the chapter "Russian Roulette".

Thanks,

Bill Ge

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Bill_da_da,

Thank you for the response.

To further isolate the issue, please provide the following information:

By the way, I have already checked the system requirements for Detroit: Become Human, and it appears that it meets your system requirements. 

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Bill_da_da,

We are following up with you to see whether you already have the answers to the queries that we have in order for us to further isolate our issue.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Bill_da_da,

We are checking in with you on the crashing issue of Detroit becoming human, as we have not heard any response from you.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Bill_da_da,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this enquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you, and have a great day ahead.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos