Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20871 Discussions

Intel Arc Control is not showing the option to record with AV1 codec

Len3
Beginner
Motherboard: MSI Z690-A DDR4 Processor: i7-12700k OS: Windows 11 Pro but the Intel Arc Control software says on the System Info Windows 10 Pro. I've never had Windows 10 installed on this computer. GPU: Arc A770 Arc Control Version: 1.61.4386.3 Driver version: 31.0.101.3959 BIOS up to date. Card is installed on the PCIe_1 slot and no other cards installed on other PCIe slots. No NVIDIA driver or software installed. When I open Intel Arc Control software on the capture tab, the options for the codec are AVC and HEVC. AV1 doesn't appear. However, on OBS, there is QuickSync AV1 available. Also on a newer motherboard, the AV1 option appears in the Intel Arc Control. This is the only one where the option doesn't appear. Is there a way to get it to show or is AV1 something that is dependent on the motherboard?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
LuisGustav_A_Intel

Hello Len3,  

Thank you for contacting Intel Technical Support for graphics.  

We are sorry to hear you experience problems with the encoder AV1 option not showing, and you have an Intel® Arc™ A770 Graphics . We are glad to assist.  

Please provide both PC scenarios in terms of software/hardware and steps for the reproduction of the problem.

What steps did you complete for possible fixes? 

Please download, run and reply back attaching the .txt file of the tool Intel® System Support and a graphics report (For download go the link https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/25293/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html?product=91600 ).  

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics.html 

Thank you for choosing Intel. 

Best regards, 

Luis A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.  

0 Kudos
JNorris
Beginner

Hi,

I'm having the same issue with av1 option missing,  I have attached the report. Also none of the arc control centre save game/global settings work. everything fails. the only settings that do work is the overclocking function. I tried an MP4  capture and it would be surprised if it was recording at 10kbph let alone 11000kbph.

To watch media i have to disable the a750 for the xe igpu to avoid stutter if i disrupt play with any process. I am using a pcie bridge (type c) for the a750. 

12th gen xe iris igpu 

arc a750 

resizebar enabled

Any ideas? thanks.

0 Kudos
LuisGustav_A_Intel

Hello Len3,  

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further assistance? 

To continue helping you, please provide the information solicited.

Best regards, 

Luis A. 

0 Kudos
LuisGustav_A_Intel

Hello JNorris, 

We highly encourage you open a separate community thread so we can followup appropiately.

Best regards, 

Luis A. 

0 Kudos
LuisGustav_A_Intel

Hello Len3,  

We have not heard back from you so this thread will no longer be monitored. If you need further support, please post a new question to provide assistance.   

Thank you for choosing Intel. 

Best regards, 

Luis A. 

0 Kudos