Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21263 Discussions

Intel Arc crashes in Metro:Exodus enhanced edition

Bill_da_da
New Contributor I

Hi,

My Gaming PC crashes playing Metro: Exodux enhanced after 1 hour of play and crashes every 15-30 minutes. It freeze and exit by itself. The safe mode of the game seems to fix the issue but I think I am getting slightly worse performance and other artifacts which I will post another thread on that. I will update the crash report if it happens again.

Thanks,

Bill Ge

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
Bill_da_da
New Contributor I

The error report generated by the game

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Bill_da_da

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities.

Based on the reports you attached your system seems to be up to date, so, in this case, we might need to try to replicate this issue in our lab, please let us know the distribution service the game was downloaded from, and also, share with us a screenshot of the in-game graphics settings you are using.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Bill_da_da
New Contributor I

Hi Hugo,

This is the distribution ID on Steam

Bill_da_da_0-1702930695963.png

The in-game setting is :

4A Engine 12_18_2023 15_33_05 PM.jpg

4A Engine 12_18_2023 15_33_14 PM.jpg

4A Engine 12_18_2023 15_32_46 PM.jpg

   

Thanks,

Bill Ge

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Bill_da_da

Thank you for the information. We will continue to investigate this issue and we will let you know once we have an update for you.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Bill_da_da

We have tested the game but were not able to reproduce the issue and the game worked fine during the test time. Could you please let us know if this only happens in specific areas? Also, please retest using the driver 31.0.101.5084 and if possible reinstall the game on your system.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Bill_da_da
New Contributor I

Hi Hugo,

I have used DDU to reinstall the 5084 driver and the problem persists. The problem mainly occurs in the first and second chapter not including the chapter on the train. I run into this issue multiple times when I am doing the optional mission in the first chapter(the river one,  I cannot recall the exact name of that). Also, in the The Two Colonels, I also run into a crash in the middle. 

Thanks,

Bill Ge

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Bill_da_da

We will take another look at this issue and check if it can be reproduced based on the new information you provided, we will post back once we have more information.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Bill_da_da

We just want to let you know that we are still working on setting up a lab to try to reproduce this issue, once we have more information we will let you know.

Best Regards, 

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Bill_da_da

We want to let you know that we retested the game, playing The Two Colonels DLC since it was one of the areas you mentioned the issue was more frequent, however, the game worked fine and we did not experience any type of crash at any point in the gameplay. Taking into consideration that the game has been tested twice and no crashes have happened so far, we recommend you retest with our latest driver 31.0.101.5186 and if the issue persists our best advice is that you reach out to the game developer for further support.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Bill_da_da
New Contributor I

Hi Hugo,

I have done playing the game and now I have already uninstalled it. The crash happens from time to time but never at a fixed point so my gameplay can continue. The problem might be system-specific or game-specific. But I am not been able to retest it with the latest driver now.

Thanks,

Bill Ge

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Bill_da_da,

We acknowledge that you have uninstalled the game which has rendered you unable to test the new driver as per our instructions. Therefore, we will proceed to close the thread as we are unable to provide further support. Consequently, we will be closing this thread. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to submit a new thread, as this thread will no longer be monitored. We appreciate your understanding and thank you for considering our support services.

Best regards,

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos