Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20718 Discussions

Intel BMP utility for editing VBIOS

idata
Employee

Hello,

Does anyone know where I can get the Intel BMP utility which is used to veiw and edit the video BIOS settings? This is described in

http://www.chrontel.com/pdf/An94.pdf

I need to see the setting on the SSC (spread spectrum clocking) for the Mobile Intel 915GM graphics chip.

Thanks,

Brad

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Brad,

This utility is not released to end users- changing the settings is pretty involved and set by the manufacturer.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Kathy,

Thanks for your reply. Let me ask you a slightly different question, if I may. I have a Dell Latitude D610 with the Mobile Intel 915GM Graphics chip with the Silicon Image SVDO-based DVI (TMDS) PanelLink transmitter. is there a tool available that can tell us what are the parameter values for the standard port driver attributes, such as described in the Intel - supplied User's Guide entitled "Intel Embedded Graphics Drivers, EFI Video Driver, and Video Driver, and Video BIOS v10.1," in Table 46 in Appendix B on p. 207? Ideally, I am looking for a tool that will allow me to see what values are assigned to each of the driver attributes. I understand that when you provide your chip to the OEM (Dell) they can do what they want and you would therefore not know what values have been assigned to these parameters. However, I would think that you have a tool that has the capability I seek. Your continued help is very much appreciated.

Thanks again,

Brad

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Kathy,

For your possible convenience, the document I cited in my last post is loacted at

http://edc.intel.com/Software/Downloads/IEGD/# download

It's the 4th item under "documentation."

Thanks again,

Brad

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I'm sorry I don't know of any tool that is available to do this.

0 Kudos