Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20709 Discussions

Intel Coffelake Graphic Driver for I5

SKhai1
Novice

Hello,

I have a DELL 3060 with Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8500 CPU @ 3.00GHz Processor Code Name (Coffee Lake) with Windows 10 (1903) installed on it. I am unable to install the display drivers and also I am not able to find the drivers for Coffee lake. The dispaly driver is Intel HD 610.

Just to make it sure I have downloaded the driver from dell

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/optiplex-3060-desktop/drivers

But the installation gets failed with an error

"This installation package is not supported by this processor type"

0 Kudos
9 Replies
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello SKhai1,

Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities.

When you say you cannot install the driver, you mean you are receiving an error? Or perhaps the driver is not installing with no actual error?

Also, To better assist you with your request, I will need to check some information about your computer. Please follow these steps: 

1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R. 

2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.

3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop). 

4. Attach the report to this thread. 

Regards,

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
SKhai1
Novice

When I a, trying to install the driver the installation stops with the below error message.

"This installation package is not supported by this processor type"

How ever please find the below attached report

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello SKhai1,

Thank you for your response.

I understand now, thank you very much for elaborating your issue. We can try addressing this by following some steps. Please check below:

1. Download the latest DCH driver and save it on the computer. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28888/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=98910
  2. Disconnect from the Internet so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update.
  3. Uninstall the driver and the Intel Graphics Control Panel from Control Panel > Programs and Features.
  4. Restart the computer.
  5. Confirm in Device Manager > Video Adapters the controller is listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' > if not, repeat steps 2 through 4.
  6. If the adapter continues to be listed as ‘Intel HD Graphics’ or similar, and no other Intel Graphics driver is listed under 'Programs and Features' for removal, then it means Windows has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager:
  • 6.1.1 Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device'
    • 6.1.2 In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device' is checked.
    • 6.1.3 Click on 'Uninstall'.
    • 6.1.4 Restart. (Repeat steps 6.1.1 through 6.1.4 until the device gets listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter')

7. Install the DCH driver that was downloaded on step 1.

8. Restart the computer.

9. Reconnect to the Internet.

I hope this helps, please let me know the outcome.

Regards,

David V

0 Kudos
SKhai1
Novice

Thanks for the Reply.

I have done all the above as you said but still i am not able to install the drivers, tried to install manually also but failed. Please check the screen shot.intel.PNG

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hello @SKhai1​ 

1. It is very clear why you can't install this driver. You are running very old Windows 10 version. Your Windows has version 1511(November 2105). Today Microsoft has released ver 1903.
  2. So, open this link and click on "Update now" . The update process will take 1-2 hours (depends of your internet and computer speed). During this update, your computer will reboot few times. After process completion. you will have version 1903 installed. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
  3. Only now install the DCH driver https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28888/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=98910

Leon

0 Kudos
SKhai1
Novice

I am installing the new version now and I will be updating you soon.

LeonWaksman
Super User

Have updated my previous message, adding the link to Microsoft site.

Leon

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello SKhai1,

Were you able to try the recommendations mentioned above? Just to confirm, LWAKSMAN is correct, an old build of Windows 10* will not allow the drivers to be updated properly. 

Please let me know if you need any more assistance.

Regards,

David V

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello SKhai1,

Please contact us if you have any additional questions.

David V

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos