Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

Intel DSA (Driver & Support Assistant) fails to install, and keeps repeating that a newer version is required.

MvanZ
Beginner

I have not been able to successfully install DSA. It keeps repeating that a newer version is required, and prompts me to download. I have performed the following, with no luck. If anyone else has any ideas, please don't hesitate to make some suggestions.

1.) I have used the uninstaller tool to completely wipe it out. (  https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28181/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant-Uninstaller)

2.) I have rebooted

3.) I have removed any remnants of the Intel Driver & Support Assistant folders under program files/program files (x86)

4.) I have used ccleaner to clean up any bogus registry entries

5.) I have tried installing with admin permissions.

6.) I have tried both Chrome and Edge.

Running Windows 10, 1809, HP Omen Laptop. Any ideas?

dsa.PNG

23 Replies
abrar
Beginner

Any follow up on this?

im also got stuck with same issue!

0 Kudos
DavidLMO
Beginner

And here we are August 2021 and this SAME problem still exists.  Eff it!

0 Kudos
GuyEP
Beginner

This was happening to me on a brand new install of Windows 11. However, it cleared up after a reboot. In other words, I installed DSA, then kept getting stuck in the loop about how I need to install the newer version despite the installer telling me it was already installed; so, then I rebooted and launched DSA again and this time it worked without the message.

I am using Edge 117.0.2045.43 with DSA 23.4.39.9 from 2023-09-25.

0 Kudos