Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20498 Discussions

Intel® DSA (Intel Driver and Support Assistant) This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software.

Bryce__Intel
Employee

We're getting reports from users that Intel® DSA (Intel Driver and Support Assistant) is indicating a new driver is available, it downloads the driver though when it tries installing it throws an error "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software."

These users are upset and rightfully so, Intel® DSA should not download the driver if it can't be installed and it is coded to know better. BUT I can't get it to fail! Of course it's working all the time for me, that's always how it goes when I actually want something to fail. If I can't gather logs then I can't get it fixed. I've checked our releases and the Intel® DSA code and everything looks in order so I need those failing logs.

I really want to get this fixed this for you! So please, if you experience this please respond to me with the log file so I can investigate.

Log files located at C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA

Scenario:

Open Intel® DSA

Intel® DSA says there's a new driver

Download driver

During install, error occurs: "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software."

All other issues reported below will be deleted. This thread is to track this scenario only so please create a new thread for any additional issues. Thanks!!

.:Bryce:.

7 Replies
Bryce_Intel

Still looking for assistance on this. We're seeing LOTS of people complaining in our iDSA survey's but no one is leaving contact information so we can get some help with logs. Please let me know if you can help. Thanks!

0 Kudos
WWald2
Beginner

I'm having this problem. Contact at awaldo8@edusc.org.

0 Kudos
Bryce_Intel

Thanks @WWald2​ !

I'll pass this on to our team to investigate further 🙂

0 Kudos
Bryce_Intel

Hi @WWald2​ 

Could you zip all the files in the log folder and resend please? The developer needs all the log files. Thanks!

0 Kudos
WWald2
Beginner
Bryce@Intel, The Community Forum refuses to accept the username/password I just created a few days ago. Changing the password doesn’t help. Advice? WWald2
0 Kudos
WWald2
Beginner
Bryce, Is this what you need? Andrew Waldo
0 Kudos
Bryce_Intel

Hi @WWald2​ 

If you attached something it wasn't successful. I don't see any attachments on your last post. Could you try again?

0 Kudos