Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

Intel DSA does not see integrated graphics on i5-7600K

craigwf
Beginner

I want to be able to use the integrated Intel HD 630 graphics that supposedly is on the i5-7600K on the used pc running Win 10 pro (22H2 (10.0.19045)) I acquired.  I do not see any reference to HD 630 in Device Manager, so thinking the original owner may have never installed drivers for the integrated graphics, I tried to do it myself, but when I try to install Graphics Driver 31.0.101.2115, it says I don't meet requirements.  The motherboard is old (MSI MS-7A71). Could that be why I am unable to see and use the integrated intel graphics? I should mention that the pc has an Nvidia video card that is working, I was just hoping to move it to another machine and use the integrated graphics on this one.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlHill
Super User

One some boards, installing a discrete card will disable the integrated graphics.

Look in your bios to see if it allows both active at the same time.

Or, remove the nvidia and boot the machine.  The integrated should reappear.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

One some boards, installing a discrete card will disable the integrated graphics.

Look in your bios to see if it allows both active at the same time.

Or, remove the nvidia and boot the machine.  The integrated should reappear.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
craigwf
Beginner

Thanks Al, I did bravely go into the BIOS/Settings/Advanced Settings/Configure Integrated Graphics and saw PEG was selected with IGD being the other alternative.  I selected IGD (after googling its meaning) and set memory to be used at the max, 1024M. It took a couple reboots, but after connecting the monitor to the correct port, I was then able to see that I am using the integrated HD630. If I didn't change the display port (still using the 1050 ti's DVI port), it still displays correctly except for the inability to see and be able to enter the BIOS.  When I changed to the integrated DVI port, I was again able to see and enter the BIOS upon restart.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Just so you know, setting the memory to the maximum accomplishes nothing as these parameters (and the memory that might have been allocated for use by graphics while in BIOS POST & Setup) are completely ignored once the O/S starts loading. In the case of Windows, all memory allocated for graphics is done so dynamically.

Just saying,

...S

0 Kudos
craigwf
Beginner

Didn't figure I could get it to use more memory than it wants to, but when I saw the default memory allocation was 64M, I didn't want to leave that alone and possibly limit it to less than it might want to use, so I maxed it.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

For the type of graphics used in BIOS Setup, 64MB is plenty. For Intel's NUC products, we always recommend leaving these parameters at their defaults. Still, it's just a nit - and matters not; the allocation is gone once control is turned over to the O/S.

...S

0 Kudos