Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

Intel Driver & Support Assistant MALFUNCTION

SStok3
Beginner

IDSA Not Working Correctly:  Intel Driver & Support Assistant  

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JSmit280
Beginner

I have the same problem. I'm adding a screenshot to show the discrepancy.

It's annoying because every restart tells me I need to install an update (that is apparently already installed).

n_scott_pearson
Super User

This is a known problem and is being looked at by the IDSA team. In the meantime, manually download and install the 8190 build (available here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29557/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers). Download in .EXE form and simply run to install.

...S

0 Kudos
SStok3
Beginner

​Thanks for your comment.

Note that performing you Download steps does Not solve the reoccurring issue of IDSA constantly asking for update;

At least, not on our systems.

Also, per the original .txt attachment, you can see that the current installed update represented by the IDSA is ~apparently historical.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Yea, I was hoping that getting to the latest would avoid the problem (as least for a short time). It looks like the catalog was already updated, however. We'll jus have to wait for the development team to provide us with an update.

...S

0 Kudos
SStok3
Beginner

​The IDSA .LOG file shows various errors. 

~Seems there is error in the IDSA programming asking for non-existent sources.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

To help the development team with debug of these errors, please create a ZIP file containing everything in your C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA folder. Use the paperclip icon below the edit window to upload and attach this ZIP file to a response post.

Note that some of the LOG files in this folder will fail to copy into the ZIP file because still in use. This is normal. You can use Task Manager to terminate the DSA and DSA Update Services so that these log files will copy.

...S

0 Kudos