Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

Intel® Driver & Support Assistant failed to scan the computer.

User1578177168394163

DSA notifies me that I have 2 updates available, but when I run it, it shows that "Sorry, something went wrong while trying to scan," so I can't see what updates are available and can't install the updates. I have tried to uninstall the DSA using the uninstaller and reinstall it, but the problem is still the same. How do I solve it?

1 Solution
UCH
Novice

I had the same problem with Firefox (Standardbrowser). Works with deactivated Add-ons and with Edge, Edge Beta.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
User1578189486754159

after many nearly trouble free years exactly the same problem happened to my desktop six weeks ago .. i've now lost count on all the things i've tried to make DSA work again so i pretty much have given up .. but will be following your post in hope of a solution 🙂

UCH
Novice

I had the same problem with Firefox (Standardbrowser). Works with deactivated Add-ons and with Edge, Edge Beta.

KEfre
Beginner

More specifically EASE (Encrypt All Sites Eligible) in the HTTPS Everywhere browser extension is causing this problem.

0 Kudos
Moose
Beginner

Thank you so much, I had the same problem and the edge browser is working. Thanks again!

0 Kudos
JNiel18
Beginner

Same problem. Have uninstalled and reinstalled DSA. Have tried Chrome & Edge browsers with all add-ons disabled. Nothing works.

So much for the genius power supposed to live in Silicon Valley.

0 Kudos
CMADNESS
Beginner

me too man wat is going on i can't even get the next update

0 Kudos
BDiSe
Beginner

I also have been having this error. It all started after DSA was upgraded to version 20.2.9.6. Was working fine prior to that. Have tried all resolutions mentioned in this and other threads. Nothing has fixed it so far.

0 Kudos
BDiSe
Beginner

FYI. I just installed the new DSA version (20.4.17) and everything is working fine now.

0 Kudos
FG
New Contributor I

DSA bug.PNGHad the same problem that started a couple of weeks ago, it used to work fine before. I tried all different browsers and also reinstalling the latest INTEL DSA.

The machine is a DELL XPS 8700, Windows 10 Pro x64, Build 18363.815.

Intel DSA 20.4.17.5

0 Kudos