Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

Intel Driver & Support Assistant: Improper permissions?

Questiondeca
Beginner

This is an odd error, only occurs on a specific system. On that system I have the IDSA installed and it is capable of downloading new drivers for updating, however, it can't run the driver installers.

I have attempted to run the installers from the download folder (automatically created by the IDSA) and receive an error message stating that I (on an administrator account) do not have permission to do so. (Checking the permissions shows that IDSA also does not have permission to do so).

Manually moving the driver installers to ANY other folder is not only possible but running them manually after doing so is a working work around.

While this "technically" isn't stopping me from updating drivers (including a update to my Intel Graphics driver, which did install properly after being moved out of the IDSA's download folder), it is both strange and annoying.

I have also changed the Folder Location under settings in IDSA and the newly generated folder at the new location suffers the same issue.

I cannot test further at this time as I've manually installed the downloaded updated drivers for that system.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello Questiondeca

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. 

We need more information to determine the possible cause, please share with us the following:

• Is this a laptop or desktop system?
    • If this is a laptop, please provide the model
  • Windows version and build
  • Intel® DSA version
  • Do you have this problem with all drivers and software downloaded through the software? Or only certain drivers?
  • Which browser do you use for the installation?
  • Did you try the manual installation of the drivers? (Using downloadcenter.intel.com)

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Questiondeca
Beginner

Laptop- Windows 10 Home- Intel Driver & Support Assistant 21.1.5.2- All Drivers, no Software updates yet so unable to test but presume so (Intel Rapid Storage Technology User Interface and Driver for Intel 7th/8th Generation Platforms)- Google Chrome- 

As stated, Drivers downloaded by IDSA could be run successfully if moved out of the IDSA Downloads Folder so downloadcenter.intel.com was not required. Manual installation successful (Outside of Downloads Folder), problem with permissions remains.

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello Questiondeca

I will send you an e-mail to the e-mail address associated with your community profile requesting some reports that may contain sensitive information. 

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello Questiondeca

We're waiting for the information that must be provided via email. Let us know if you still need assistance.   

Best regards,  

David G.   

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello Questiondeca

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,  

David G. 

0 Kudos