Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

Intel® Driver & Support Assistant keeps asking to install new Intel® - Driver Windows* DCH

SergioVallone
Beginner

Hello,

I'm experiencing a strange issue.

I had some crash with an error message that says "Device Removed (DRIVER_INTERNAL_ERROR) Intel(R) Iris(R)..."

I was playing with Mass Effect Andromeda, so I followed some advice, which gave me the idea of downloading the latest driver for the Iris Plus Graphics.

Now almost every day or more than once a day, the Intel Driver Support Assistant keeps signaling me to install a new driver.

What can it be?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
2andromeda
Beginner

I got a similar issue simply the assitant asking me to install new driver even after i did,  a day or so later it ask me again, then i check sure enough it manage to revert to drivers from july somehow and the cycle repeats.  I turned on telemtry on purpose to send this kind of info back to you guys, this has been goin on for some time im guessing windows is doing something which means this software just need to get on the same page as windows, shouldnt be that hard no?  Also Bf1 doesnt work anymore, it think the drivers are old after i install the newest ones and freezes.  But reverting to older ones work..  Electronics ARts hasnt said anything about it even the forums there with people with Iris Xe cards reporting the same issue with no fix for almost a year now.  Maybe you can do it intel!  ?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

This is due to a lack of communication between intel and microsoft, where you (IDSA) installs the latest, and microsoft decides to re-install the older.

Either tell IDSA to ignore the latest, or block the older from Microsoft. 

If you want the latest, install it with IDSA, then restart.  Then, block the older by using the microsoft wushowhide tool (attached).  Choose HIDE to hide the older.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello SergioVallone,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

I am sorry you are having issues with the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant. I will be glad to assist you.

Please provide the following information:

• Were you able to update the driver through IDSA the first time?
  • What is the version IDSA is showing for the graphics driver update?
  • Does the game keep crashing, or was it solved when updating the driver?

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
SergioVallone
Beginner

Hello Steven and all,

in the end I managed to install the latest driver and the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant stopped asking me to update the drivers. Moreover it solved the game's crashes and all the issue seems to be resolved.

Thank you all for the support.

Best regards

Sergio

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

We are glad to know you found a solution, thank you for taking the time to share this fix, and hopefully, it may help other community members experiencing similar behavior. Since the thread is now solved, we will proceed to close it. 

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos