Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21006 Discussions

Intel® Driver & Support Assistant "Scan Failure"

Richard_Mc
Beginner

This used to work on my Dell Inspiron 3891 but I did a repair with Windows update, which is what broke it.  System restore was unsuccessful.  I have spent hours doing the following:

Tried 3 browsers Chrome, Firefox, and Edge

Cleared cookies and browsing data

Uninstalled with the uninstaller and reinstalled the latest version of IDSA.

Installed the systray icon manually

Disabled all Firewall and Antivirus software

Installed System Support Utility (Attached)

Zipped the folder data for IDSA (Attached)

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Monique_Intel

@Richard_Mc  I am the Project Manager for IDSA. The tool experienced a short outage for an hour on this day, so it was during that time you tried to use the app and received this error. The issue has been resolved, so if you initiate a scan, it will work as expected. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Monique with Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Monique_Intel

@Richard_Mc  I am the Project Manager for IDSA. The tool experienced a short outage for an hour on this day, so it was during that time you tried to use the app and received this error. The issue has been resolved, so if you initiate a scan, it will work as expected. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thoothless
Beginner

Hello. I think I'm experiencing the same issue 

0 Kudos
Monique_Intel

@Thoothless  Hello. The IDSA screenshot you provided is a different issue. Please review this troubleshooting article and see if any of the options help resolve. Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) Results in “Sorry, Something Went Wrong While Trying to Scan” or Endless Scan 

Thanks,

0 Kudos
VictorG97
New Contributor I

I have also written a thread about the same issue and it seems that it is still persisting for me.

My thread: https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/Intel-Driver-and-Support-Assistant-Scan-Failure/m-p/1618708#M133126

When I refresh the results I am still getting 'Scan Failure.' It seems to be a tenacious problem and it still persists.

I would be glad for any updates on the matter and thank you for the dedication!

0 Kudos
Anorifa
Beginner

Well, I have this problem again. Did all the troubleshooting steps, but no luck. Refresh doesn't help either.

Anorifa_0-1722191427246.png