Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel Driver and Support assistant : Sorry, something went wrong while trying to scan.

User1582991237507479

I have had this problem for atleast 4 months now and I've tried reinstalling it over and over again. But to no avail. I have also looked at other forums about this problem, but none have a working solution.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Just download the graphics driver and install it. Do this until IDSA is fixed.

Doc

AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello User15829912375074790708

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to check this behavior further, could you please provide the following information?

1- Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) logs files. They are located at "C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA". This folder is usually hidden (hidden Windows folder). There are 2 methods to get the logs:

1.1- Press "Windows Key + R" and in the Run box type in "C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA", copy all the files to another folder as a zip file.

1.2- Go to Local Disk (C:), on the Window menu, click on "View tab", check "Hidden item", now "ProgramData" folder should be visible, Go "ProgramData >> Intel >> DSA", copy all the files to another folder as a zip file.

Please attached the zip folder with all the files.

2- Which Browser is Intel® DSA using to scan? Have you tried different browsers?

3- Please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report to this thread.

3.1- Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

3.2- Open the application and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".

3.3- To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

Note: To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box.

Regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
User1582991237507479

Hello AndrewG

The files that you have requested are down below and i have tried microsoft edge and google chrome.

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Thank you for your response.

We would like to inform you that we just released yesterday a new version of Intel® DSA, version 20.2.9.6.

Could you please try the following steps and let us know if the issue is solved:

1- Uninstall the previous version of Intel® DSA from Windows® Apps & Features.

2- Run the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant Uninstaller.

3- Clear Browser cache.

4- Install the new version of the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant Version: 20.2.9.6.

If the issue persists after scanning with the new version, please kindly gather and provide a new zip file with all the files located at "C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA" so we can investigate further using both zip files with the previous version and newer version.

Best Regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
User1582991237507479

Hello AndrewG

The newest version of the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant version: 20.2.9.6 works for me now.

Thank you for your assistance.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

We are glad to know that the new version of Intel® DSA is working now. We will proceed to close this inquiry but if you need assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us back.

Best Regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Max44
Beginner

I would suggest you turn the firewall off through Windows Defender Security Centre:

- Open Settings

- Select Update & Security

- Select Windows Security (left-hand side)

- Select Firewall & network protection (under the Protection areas heading)

- Select Domain network/private network/public network

- Toggle the switch to Off under the Windows Defender Firewall heading

- Note: you will need to do this for all three networks (domain, private, public)

0 Kudos
User1582991237507479

Thank you for your advice, but the new version of the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant works again.

0 Kudos