Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Intel® GCC Display / Media Feedback

Bryce_Intel

Display / Media - Home Theater / Video Controls and Education

Please provide any feedback pertaining to display or media functionality within the Intel® Graphics Command Center.

The other feedback pages are:

15 Replies
HMark2
Beginner

Hi,

I'm using a TV as a monitor and was wondering if there could be an option to adjust overscan? I was able to do this with the Intel Control Panel, but I can no longer get that app to launch.

Thank You

0 Kudos
Gabriela_Intel

Hi @HMark2​,

There is an option for this in Display. Please select the Resolution drop-down, scroll to the bottom, and select Custom. From here you can adjust multiple options such as height, width, and underscan. Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
DWong17
Beginner

Hi,

In IGCC, Display page, Scale option, there's no more "Scale to Fullscreen" anymore? Or does it get renamed as Stretched? If it is renamed, please consider to change it back to "Scale to Fullscreen" as it is confusing to see it as "Stretched" even though the display does stretch to fullscreen when it is using a low resolution. People usually like to choose Fullscreen as opposed to Stretched.

Also, IGCC does not need to be closed to system tray do we? It just seems as a way to somehow "eat" system resources. Just make it close completely just like IGCP did previously.

0 Kudos
Gabriela_Intel

Yes, you are correct. "Stretched" in Intel® GCC is the same setting as "Scale to Fullscreen" from the Intel® Graphics Control panel. We understand your concern so we will try to change this for clarity. Also, we are considering adapting the application so it is not always on and in the system tray. We definitely hear where you are coming from. Thanks for contributing and providing feedback! Please let us know if you have any other future concerns regarding Intel® GCC.

0 Kudos
POlli1
Beginner

I cant see this having been changed. Also, actually using the Stretch does not make the screen replicate properly on my TV. It did work until Command Center entered my laptop's world.

0 Kudos
Gabriela_Intel

Hi @POlli1​, are you saying that "Scale to Fullscreen" works using the Intel Graphics Control Panel but "Stretched" doesn't work correctly when using the Intel Graphics Command Center? If so, could you please provide images of both scenarios as well as a Dxdiag report and an Intel Graphics Command Center report? This information would really help us investigate this.

0 Kudos
RMora40
Beginner

I don't see one. I have no way to adjust the edges of the screen in my tv monitor.

0 Kudos
Gabriela_Intel

Hi @RMora40​! Can you please clarify which setting you do not see? Are you referring to the "Stretched" setting mentioned above? Also, below are some instructions regarding adjusting screen size that may be solution to what you're describing.

If you are seeing overscan:

1. Open the Intel Graphics Command Center.
  2. Navigate to Display.
  3. Navigate to Scale and select Custom in the dropdown menu.
  4. Adjust to the desired size.

If you are seeing underscan:

1. Open the Intel Graphics Command Center.
  2. Navigate to Display.
  3. Navigate to Resolution and select Custom next to the dropdown menu.
  4. Adjust the "Underscan %" setting.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
ADolo1
Beginner

Hi. We need an option to manually set colour depth: 8bit, 10bit, 12bit. I have monitor and TV, both of them have 10bit panel, but windows by default set 8bit and there is no option in Command Centre to change it.

0 Kudos
Gabriela_Intel

Hi @ADolo1​!

Regardless of the Windows default, our graphics driver is configured to automatically choose the highest color depth available (if your configuration supports it).

0 Kudos
MBoni5
Beginner

Hi, I just ordered a new Dell 3000 laptop, and the brightness and contrast adjusts automatically, I'm running on the Command Center.

LOCAL ADAPTIVE CONTRAST ENHANCEMENT is off, i set both power plans to MAXIMUM PERFOMANCE, and ADAPTIVE BRIGHTNESS and DISPLAY POWER SAVINGS are both off too. After i restarted the laptop but the screen still automatically changes brightness and contrast when switching between dark and light screens.

0 Kudos
Gabriela_Intel

Hi @MBoni5​,

Are you using the most recent version of the Intel Graphics Command Center (1.100.2727.0)?

Please try the steps below and let me know if this resolves your issue.

1. Open the Control Panel in the Windows Start Menu.
  2. Find and open the Power Options.
  3. Click Change plan settings next to your current power plan.
  4. Click Change advanced power settings.
  5. Scroll down and expand Display.  
  6. Click Enable Adaptive brightness and change the setting to off.
  7. Hit apply to save the changes.
0 Kudos
RRudo
Beginner

I am looking for keyboard shortcuts to change refresh rate:

I noticed that there is not way to assign keystroke shortcuts to different refresh rates in the new Command Center. Videos are often in different refresh rates (23.976, 50, 59.94). I can manually select these by opening command center, but would like to be able to switch during video playback by using a keystroke shortcut.

0 Kudos
Gabriela_Intel

Hi @RRudo​,

Thanks for your suggestion! I'll pass on your request to the Intel GCC team.

0 Kudos
Bodo1
Beginner

Hello

I would like to make a suggestion if this is the right place 

I would like the contrast values in the Intel Graphics Command Center to start at 20 or 22 as the default values ( instead of 17) so we can have more control because display screens these days on new laptops tend to have a yellow tint

I was forced to use Windows color profiles in order to get rid of the yellow tint on my laptop screen but Windows color profile is buggy and flickers and changes colors chaoticaly

When I used Intel graphics command center to get rid of the yellow tint on my screen, there were no color flickers and it was stable and it was perfect except for the lack of "space" within the contrast values

The values of the contrast inside the Intel Command center (needed to get rid of the yellow tint) were only from 0 to 17 which did not get rid of the yellow tint completely

I have to lower both Red and Green contrast values to 0 (from default 17) to get rid of the yellow tint but it is not enough and that is why I would like the default values of contrast to start at around 22 so I can lower it from 22 to 0

0 Kudos