Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel GMA 4500 drivers needed

zerokayl
Beginner

This is just another simple post. All I need is a driver for GMA 4500 that supports OpenGL 2.0 or up. 2.1 would be preferred (since XPS_Man in Dell Community (https://www.dell.com/community/Inspiron/Dell-Inspiron-1545-and-OpenGL-2-0/m-p/8001025/highlight/true#M124551) If that's not true, let me know and please tell me the latest compatible driver.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Intel does not support the GMA 4500 solutions on Windows 10. It is simply too old. Support is provided through the Microsoft compatibility driver, but, as you have seen, its support for OpenGL, etc. is severely limited and Microsoft has no plans to improve it.

Time for a hardware upgrade. Sorry, but that's reality.

...S

0 Kudos
zerokayl
Beginner

I don't use Windows 10, but I do use Windows 8.1, but if it's still unsupported, then I can downgrade to Windows 7 since I think that is supported.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

To be honest, I have never checked for a Windows 8.1 driver package. If it is supported, then Dell should be providing Windows 8.1 drivers that they have verified the operation of on their web site. Otherwise, you may have to revert to Windows 7.

...S

0 Kudos