Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

Intel GPA - issues

VMana1
Beginner

Folks,

What software can we take traces on and look at the frames in details? I see that Intel GPA doesn't work for the following scenarios :

1) Microsoft Edge

2) Microsoft Office

3) Game - Fortnite - Game stops and warns about cheating 🙂

4) System - Glitches on the desktop screen.

Not sure of others scenarios. I have

• GPA version 10. 104.153.127.
  • Intel Graphics 620 KBL-R
  • Windows 10 RS4 OS.

Any help will be appreciated to see if I could look at those issues?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Provide the exact version and build of your windows 10 OS. RS4 is not adequate.

Doc

0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello VMana1, Thank you for joining our Intel® communities. If you are referring to frame rates (FPS), there are several options to check or monitor frame rates. For instance, Services such as Steam* have an option under Steam Settings > In-Game tab > Enable the Steam Overlay while in game and then under In-game FPS counter, select where you want the counter located. This will display the FPS rate while game playing. We have the following page that lists several tools and utilities that we use with the Intel® NUCs that you can review; however, you need to confirm the system manufacturer of your system supports these tools and utilities. Diagnostic and Performance Tools for the Intel® NUC https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000024102/mini-pcs.html If you are referring to something other than what we provided above, please provide more details about your request. Can you provide any links? We cannot find any reference to GPA version 10.104.153.127 that you mentioned. Also, please provide the following: System or Motherboard Brand/Model: Processor: Graphics Driver version: Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
VMana1
Beginner

Hi Diego,

As you pointed out FPS is a common metric and easy to obtain. I am looking for more detailed metrics and analysis provided by Frame analyzer as well as detailed GPU metrics like ones here

https://software.intel.com/en-us/gpa-user-guide-for-windows-host-gpu-metrics

also, I am happy to provide the information you need but based on your response it looks like the above apps are supported. also it looks like GPA doesn't play well with Fortnite. Is there a switch I can turn on in GPA or Fortnite to make them work together like other online games.

Below is the output from Graphics monitor:

Operating System:

Name: Windows 10 (build 17134)

Locale: en-US

Secure Boot/Trusted Boot is disabled

CPU Information:

Architecture: x64

Cores count: 8

GPU #1 Information:

Name: NVIDIA GeForce MX150

Vendor id: 0x10DE

Product id: 0x1D12

Stepping: 161

Driver Version: 23.21.13.8892

Driver Date: 1-22-2018

GPU #2 Information:

Name: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620

Vendor id: 0x8086

Product id: 0x5917

Stepping: 7

Driver Version: 24.20.100.6286

Driver Date: 8-15-2018

Supports GPA instrumentation

Machine:

Name: DESKTOP-FOS0JGH

Memory: 8066 MB

Screen: 3000x2000, 32 bit

Graphics Performance Analyzers:

Version: 18.3.329385

Installation folder: C:\Program Files\IntelSWTools\GPA\

0 Kudos
VMana1
Beginner

Hi Diego,

any updates?

0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello VMana1, Thank you for your response. In this case, in order to use or to find additional features regarding our Intel GPA (r), please create and submit a ticket through the right area of support found at: https://software.intel.com/en-us There, one of our community peers will be able to assist you. I hope this helps. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos