Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

Intel GPU control panel - can change display settings but not the video ones

PG_2
Beginner

After the latest Intel gpu driver update (25.20.100.6471) video settings under control panel stopped working. Changes in the brightness or contrast settings doesn't affect the video at all and I pretty much need those. Surprisingly the display settings work.

System log attached.

Please help.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

try intel control panel downloaded from microSOft store ,

0 Kudos
PG_2
Beginner

Cannot install it - "An incompatible legacy version of this application is installed on this system".

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello PG.2, If you are still having the issue reported, please follow these steps and let us know if the issue persists. 1. Download the latest DCH driver. For Intel® UHD Graphics 630 Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 Version: DCH 25.20.100.6471 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28445/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=126790 2. Disconnect your unit from the Internet to prevent Windows* Updates from installing any other driver. 3. Uninstall the DCH driver and the Intel® Graphics Control Panel from Control Panel > Programs and Features. 4. Restart the computer. 5. Make sure the 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' is listed under Windows* Device Manager > Video adapters. If not, repeat steps 2 to 4. 6. If the adapter continues to be listed as ‘Intel HD Graphics’, and no other Intel® Graphics driver is listed under 'Programs and Features' for removal, then it means Windows* has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point, we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager: 6.1.1 Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device' 6.1.2 In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device' is checked. 6.1.3 Click on 'Uninstall'. 6.1.4 Restart. (Repeat steps 6.1.1 through 6.1.4 until the device gets listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter') 7. Install the DCH driver that was downloaded on step 1. 8. Restart the computer. 9. Enable your Internet connection. 10. Download the Intel Graphics Control Panel from the MS Store. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
PG_2
Beginner

I did as You told me but it's even worse now 🙂 I still have the "An incompatible legacy version..." error when launching the Microsoft Store Intel Graphics Control Panel and now I do not even have access to the regular intel control panel which was available under the right mouse button on the desktop. Only thing left for me is to revert to the previously installed drivers from september 2018 I guess?

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello PG.2, We do not recommend rolling back to a legacy driver. To continue troubleshooting this issue, we would like to know if you are running the latest Windows* 10 updates. Please check Windows* updates, scan and apply all of them. Then, try the steps recommended to install the Windows* DCH driver. If the issue persists, please let us know. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
PG_2
Beginner

Too late already did and everything works like a charm. I did have all the win10 updates.

Thank You for the support tho.

0 Kudos