Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Intel Graphic Driver for Linux (Ubuntu 20.04 LTS) - my CPU i3-10100

Piotr
Novice

Dear Intel Community,

I want to migrate from Windows to Ubuntu 20.04 LTS operating system. My CPU is i3-10100. I have question for graphic drivers and compatibility with Intel Comet Lake. I readed that Ubuntu 20.04 LTS have compability with Intel Comet Lake platform. Can you confirm it? Next I can't see drivers for linux --> https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/199283/null

Where I can find official linux driver on official Intel website? Or I must find this on Ubuntu repositories? If it will be in Ubuntu repository these kind of drivers come from Intel or they are 3-rd party software?

I hope that you will answer.

Yours faithfully,
Piotr

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DeividA_Intel

Hello Piotr, 

Allow me to help you with this:

1. Our processors are compatible with any operating system, however, to confirm that there are drivers or updates available I recommend you to check with the operating system support (Linux) for drivers and firmware since our drivers are meant for Windows.

2. As mentioned before, Linux is who provides you the drivers and updates for the different components on your computer (graphics, wireless, BIOS, etc). 

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello Piotr, 

Allow me to help you with this:

1. Our processors are compatible with any operating system, however, to confirm that there are drivers or updates available I recommend you to check with the operating system support (Linux) for drivers and firmware since our drivers are meant for Windows.

2. As mentioned before, Linux is who provides you the drivers and updates for the different components on your computer (graphics, wireless, BIOS, etc). 

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
Piotr
Novice

Dear Mr DeividA_Intel,

Thank for your feedback and help. Your answer is confirmation of article: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005520/graphics.html

However I found incorrect information in this website: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/linux-osv.html

Website for Lubuntu is incorrect. This should be lubuntu.me instead lubuntu.net

Thank you for your time.

Yours faithfully,
Piotr

0 Kudos
budi
Beginner
I have plan to install Ubuntu, according to your experience.
0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Piotr, 

I am glad to know that you agree with the information provided and I appreciate the feedback, remember that we are here to help you.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Piotr
Novice

Mr DeividA_Intel,

I would like to know something about Intel drivers for Linux. In this article what I mentioned before I can read that Intel Graphic drivers for Linux are available in source form in this website: https://01.org/linuxgraphics

Can you confirm that above website is Intel website and why Intel doesn't upload this driver in source form on intel.com website? I think that drivers are in source form next people from linux distribution use this to upload drivers for their distribution. It is logic but I don't know why you created 01.org website. This looks strange.

Yours faithfully,
Piotr

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Yes, this is Intel website. I have no clue why they did it this way, however.

...S

0 Kudos
Piotr
Novice

@n_scott_pearson thank you for your answer. Now everything is clear for me.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Right. Clear as mud...    ;^)

...S

0 Kudos
budi
Beginner
Iam using intel i3-10105f lga 1200 now, and i have problem when install mxlinux.
No signal on monitor when klik boot menu live USB.
0 Kudos