Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel Graphic Options context menu and shortcut missing from right click menu on latest 26.20.100.7584 dirver

凡刘000
Beginner

Hi,

I installed the lastest 26.20.100.7584 dirver and before install, I uninstalled the previous driver to ensure a clean install.

Then I noticed the Intel Graphic Configuration shortcut and the Intel Graphic Option menu all disappeared from my windows10 desktop right click quick menu. I often move among different workplaces with the laptop and switch between different external displays, so with the missing shortcut menus I had to do a lot of clicks to go into the Intel Graphic Control Panel just for switching the display. But with previous drivers, I only need to select the display output from the Intel Graphics Option shortcut menu.

So is there a way to put those shortcut menus back to my windows10 right click menu?

Also, I noticed some saying the shortcut menu is controlled by the following item in windows registry table, but I couldn't find that item after uninstalling the old driver. So if that's the cause, can someone pass a registry configuration for that?

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\igfxDTCM]

Many thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. The Intel Graphics Control Panel (IGCP), is not longer included in DCH Driver installation. It was replaced by Intel Graphics Command Center (IGCC). You may find the IGCC under letter "I" in Star Menu.
  2. However, if you still want to have on your laptop IGCP, you may download it and install from Microsoft Store: https://www.microsoft.com/en-as/p/intel-graphics-control-panel/9ndlclmmtmrc?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Leon

0 Kudos
凡刘000
Beginner

Thank you for the explanation also the link.

I understand why IGCP and the shortcut menu all disappeared now.

For the IGCC, just hope intel can enrich the quick menu from right clicking the icon in icon tray, so that we can easily swith between displays as well as extend to multiple displays just like previous IGCP shortcut menu.

So far the IGCP icon tray quick menu only has "open app" which seems like waste of space.

Fen

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

My understanding is that the IGCP is not available on the right-click menu because Microsoft's DCH Driver specification does not allow this option. According to this specification, these control panels must be implemented as Metro applications and separately distributed via the Microsoft App Store, not implemented as WIN32 applications integrated with and installed as part of the driver installation. All of the graphics vendors were asked to honor this specification. It may be that Intel is the only vendor who has done so - much to their chagrin and customer angst.

...S

0 Kudos
凡刘000
Beginner

Thank you for the detailed explanation. I know why the right click menu disappears on IGCP now.

It's good for intel to follow latest Microsoft's policy and I can understand that. Just it's a shame that Microsoft not allowing right click menu has made everything so inconvenient.

I guess most laptop users don't frequently adjust those in-depth display options, but switching/extending displays is a daily operation.

Sincerely hope Intel could be good enough to help restore IGCC's right-click menu into IGCP's icon tray menu which seems still allowed now, so that to save our effort (and soul).

Fen

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

This will not happen. You should accommodate your self to the new situation.

Leon