Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20629 Discussions

Intel Graphics 620 - Ultrawide Display

Guimbitencourt

I previosly posted about a problem that I'm having with my Lenovo S145, but the solution that they pointed to me here, didn't worked, so here I am again, 

So, I removed all the graphic drivers and installed the Lenovo ones, provided at the previously topic, but didn't changed anything,

PROBLEM: I upgraded my Lenovo Ideapad 320 for a Ideapad S145. I use a 29' Inch LG Ultrawide display to work at home, and it was running fine with 2560x1080 resolutions on my old notebook.

But after I get this new, I can't config to the correctly Resolution, the max setting allowed is 1920x1080. I tried many ways to make this configurations, I tried to upgrade de Intel Graphics Driver, and tried to add a custom resolutions. the Graphic Card is the same from Ideadpad 320 and S145, so I don't know what I should do to fix that. Can someone help me?

If I can't find a solution, I think I will need to get my old notebook back, since part of my productity comes from using this set-up for multi-tasking purposes. Thanks,

I'm also attaching infos needed

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Guimbitencourt, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to this scenario, I can see here that the Graphics driver currently installed is version 27.20.100.9126, where did you get that driver from, could you please provide the link?

Which video port of the laptop are you using to connect the monitor?

Are you using adapters, converters, or docking stations?

What is the specific model of the monitor?

Where are you trying to set the resolution, in the Intel® Graphics Command Center or in the Windows* settings, do you see 2560x1080 available in any one of those?

You mentioned that you already tested the drivers from Lenovo and unfortunately the issue remains, so now we can try a clean installation of Intel® Generic Graphics driver version 27.20.100.9168 using the instructions in the link below:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30148/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

If the problem remains after testing driver version 27.20.100.9168, then please provide the SSU report, but, we need that report as a text file, based on the details on the picture, in there you just need to click on "next" save the file on your computer and then attach it to the thread, we need to confirm the specific model of your laptop because there are a lot of versions of "Lenovo S145" and also the details of the Operating System among other things and the picture does not provide that information.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Guimbitencourt

Hello, Alberto, so, let me give you the info that you need: 

1) I downloaded the graphics driver with your previously comment, I made a topic in january:
https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/ideapad-s-series-netbooks/s145-15iw...

2) I'm not using any kind of adapter or converter, just an HDMI cable from my laptop to my monitor

3) The model that I am using is:  LG UltraWide - IPS Full HD 29''- 29UM68-P

4) I don't see any option for 2560x1080, both at intel command center and windows,

And just for example, I also have a desktop, since the laptop it's just for my job, and I use this monitor for a couple of years and didn't find any problem, also, previously I had a Lenovo Ideapad 320 with the same graphic card, Intel Graphics 620, and I didn't need to upgrade any driver, just plugged my monitor into the HDMI,

So after a long time o research, I didn't find any reason for this new laptop don't run with the correctly resolution,

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Guimbitencourt, Thank you very much for providing that information.

" I didn't find any reason for this new laptop don't run with the correctly resolution", every computer is different, even if they have the same graphics controller, the way it detects the monitor is not the same for all of them. 

I just check the link where you downloading the Graphics driver from, and as you can see there is also an Nvidia driver available, which means that this computer might be using Hybrid Graphics controllers, maybe it is the Nvidia graphics controller the one that is not detecting the monitor properly, maybe the driver needed is from Nvidia, only Lenovo will be able to confirm those details:

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en

Now, did you install Graphics driver version 27.20.100.9126? What was the outcome?

If the problem remains, we will further assist you, but at this point, we need the SSU as a text file to be able to confirm what is the specific model of your computer, once we establish that we can verify if, in fact, the driver that you are installing is the one tested and validated by Lenovo.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Guimbitencourt

First of all, thank you for your kindess and patient to help me, Alberto,

So, I aready checked my system and I am currently running the 27.20.100.9168, so there is the SSU that you need. I hope it can help us, since this is my first time having a bad experience with ultrawide displays, that are famous to be hard to use because most of the content are not made for it,

Kind regards, 

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Guimbitencourt, You are very welcome, thank you very much for sharing those details and the SSU report.

Just to let you know, based on the reports you shared with us, we can confirm that the driver is reading correctly the monitor's EDID and knows it is capable of displaying 2560x1080@60hz, if it doesn't show up then it can be an issue with the HDMI connection itself especially on HDMI 1.4. 

So, please check with the laptop manufacturer for any HDMI firmware update or BIOS update. The driver 100.9168 is tested and we know it can support ultra-wide resolutions, so perhaps for testing try using a different output port like DP or USB-C. Once you get the chance, please let us know the results.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Guimbitencourt

So, I tried 3 different HDMI cables, also with my main cable, that I use for a few year with my desktop and I still have the same issue. Also I tried to reboot de computer, reinstall de drivers. 

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Guimbitencourt, Thank you very much for providing those updates.

Just to let you know, there is a newer Intel® Generic Graphics driver version available, which is 27.20.100.9316, please try a clean installation of that driver, and once you get the chance, please let us know the outcome.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30266/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Guimbitencourt

Unfortunally I downloaded the latest version, updated and I'm still having the same problem. I don't know what to do anymore, this problem is happening for the past 6 months.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Guimbitencourt, Thank you very much for providing those results.

We are sorry to hear the issue persists after installing the latest Intel® Generic Graphics driver, we will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details n this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello Guimbitencourt, I just received an update on this matter.

After reviewing the case, we determine that since the Intel® Graphics Command Center shows the EDID is recognized and the 2560x1080 @ 60hz mode is available, then the problem is outside of the driver, in addition to the fact that we have tested the drivers on several different video modes including 2560x1080 and higher. Ultra-Wide resolutions may be difficult to drive by some devices such as the LSPCON on this laptop that converts from DP to HDMI for which he may need to do a firmware update. 

So, in this case, the next thing to do will be to report this issue to your laptop manufacturer for a possible BIOS update and LSPCON firmware update as well:

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos