Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Intel Graphics Adapter WDDM Driver in Windows Update

SBate
Beginner

Hi, I keep getting prompted to install the above adapter driver for my Intel i7-4790K processor but I thought I only needed to install this driver if I don't have a separate graphics card which I do. Should I install or hide the update?

Thanks

2 Replies
SBate
Beginner

Forgot to mention, its the Windows 7 updater that is giving me the optional update as below. I just don't know if its an update I should apply. My graphics card is a HIS IceQ 7800 so do I install or don't I need it?

Intel Corporation - Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3 - Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

Download size: 84.3 MB

Update type: Optional

Intel Corporation Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3 software update released in March, 2015

0 Kudos
ATimo4
Novice

Hi Slaine I recommend you go to intel's download page and download the latest driver for your intel HD graphics, next time windows update runs the WDDM will disappear as it will see you have a newer driver although you don't need to, I have a graphics card also but still downloaded the software for intel HD graphics

0 Kudos