Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Intel Graphics Chip broken, use dedicated GPU?

GRobe13
Beginner

Hello! I think that my iGPU stopped working correctly. I have a MSI GE72MVR laptop. When it boots into windows the image is messed up.

Disabled the driver from device manager and now I can boot into windows but my dedicated GPU isn't recognized in any way, I have to mention that if plugged to external monitor dedicated GPU is working just fine, temps around 70c CPU, 80c GPU in stress test.

I managed to boot in with integrated graphics enabled on the external monitor without crashing, it's a bit laggy but I can get around settings.

My question is.. Is there any way that I could leave the Intel GPU enabled and tweak settings in a way that my dedicated GPU runs everything? I've tried to enable "High performance Nvidia processor" from settings and setting iGPU power settings to maximum performance but no luck.

If anyone could help me it would be much appreciated, thank you!

ff.jpg

heh2.jpg

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What you need to do is contact MSI for support, as they are solely responsible for your support and warranty. The reality is that you have a hardware problem, and MSI is your only path to correction.

Doc

0 Kudos
GRobe13
Beginner

I don't have a warranty anymore for the laptop, isn't there anything that I could try software related?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You have a hardware failure. Software will not fix failed hardware.

Since you have no warranty, you might want to get yourself a new(er) laptop.

Doc

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Also, the intel graphics are integrated with the processor. There is no "broken" graphics chip.

Doc

0 Kudos
sshai17
Beginner

Thank you for the information...!!!

Aryansoftware

0 Kudos