Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20668 Discussions

Intel Graphics Command Center Maintain Aspect Ratio

Kevin-USA
Beginner

We've recently purchased PCs with ASUS Q570M Motherboards with Intel integrated Intel graphics.  The driver does not seem to have the Command Center UI anymore.  As we are an educational institution we do not allow the Microsoft App store on our desktops. Is there an offline installer for this UI?  I have 100+ Promethean Boards that need to "Maintain Aspect Ratio" in order for the mirrored displays to work correctly.  Seems odd that this UI would be removed and only available on the App Store.

Thanks,

Kevin

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Kevin-USA, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to your inquiry about if there is an offline installer available for this UI, normally is only available through the App Store. But, will do further research on this matter to confirm those details, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the information on this thread.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Kevin-USA, I just received an update on this matter.

After reviewing your case, we suggest to verify the following link since it could be an option for you to try in order to be able to install the UI:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000055210/graphics.html

Still, Intel® recommends consulting directly with Microsoft Support for further information on these solutions:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us

Once you get the chance, please let us know the results.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Kevin-USA, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Since we have not heard back from you, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
asam007s
Beginner

HI Sir

My laptop HP Elitebook 840 G3 has a Intel (R) HD Graphics 520 ,I want to use a secondly monitor (from my desk top PC) to this Laptop. 

I used a DP cable to connect from CPU to my laptop DP port. the Laptop is unable to detect 2nd monitor

I suspected it could be faulty DP cable.  to check I plugged into DP port of an external monitor, the display works, there is no problem with cable. I suspect it could be Intel (R) HD Graphics 520 drivers problem. could you please help me out.

Rgds
asif Shaikh

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You should have started a new thread for yourself.

What do you mean " used a DP cable to connect from CPU to my laptop DP port"?

Are you expecting the laptop to use a monitor currently connected to and used by a PC?

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
asam007s
Beginner

HI Sir

Thanks for the quick repy.

>>> What do you mean " used a DP cable to connect from CPU to my laptop DP port"?

Used the DP cable as in Link

Amazon.com: Amazon Basics DisplayPort to DisplayPort 1.2 Cable with 4K@60Hz, 2K@165Hz, 2K@144Hz Video Resolution - 6 Feet : Electronics

>>What do you mean " used a DP cable to connect from CPU to my laptop DP port"?

recently I bought a desktop PC. it doesn't have a keyboard nor mouse nor monitor for the desktop

So my intention was to reuse and  configure my laptop's secondary monitor to be used for the desktop PC

What I did is purchased  a DP cable and connected the desktops DP port with the Laptop but unable to

see the secondary display on the laptop. if I used a separate monitor instead of laptop then I am able to

view the display ( of the Desktop PC), so cable is not a problem as far as I know.

Rgds

asif Shaikh

0 Kudos