Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Intel Graphics Command Center not showing Games/Capture tab

KhurramAR
Beginner

In a bizarre situation, the Intel Graphics Command Center (IGCC) stopped screen recording midway after around 10 minutes and left the "out.mp4" file unfinished with the size of 417MB which is not playable. Now the "Capture" tab which is usually found beside the "Games" tab in Home page of IGCC, has been disappeared along with the accompanied "Games" tab

That never happened before but today. When the IGCC stopped recording midway, the IGCC application also popped up on the front of what I was doing on screen from the background. In a hurry I checked the recording file it seemed corrupted after 417MB. Then I wanted to start recording again and I discovered that there was no such option to capture screen within IGCC. System options also do not show Capture settings anymore.

Checked graphics drivers but there was no issue with that as everything was running fine. I checked the Events log but didn't find anything related to the issue.

Meanwhile, I am updating the graphics driver which was available, just in case, Any clue? What has happened?

Regards

19 Replies
ahmed87
Beginner

i had the same issue ! no capture .... what happened ?!!

powerarmour
Valued Contributor II

Yes unfortunately the capture feature seems to have been removed in the latest version of IGCC.
I'm not sure who's bone headed idea this was, but it's been actioned.

Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @KhurramAR

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

I am sorry to hear what is happening at this moment with the IGCC. 

Please provide us with the following information, I would like to investigate this issue: 

1. How is your monitor connected to your PC? Are you using any adapters to get display (HDMI to DisplayPort for example)? 
  2. Is this a laptop or Desktop computer? 
  3. Run and attach the reports of the following utilities: 
    1. Intel® System Support Utility for Windows. Note: Make sure to mark the box that says "everything" before pressing the Scan button. After that, click on "Next>" and select "Save" and then, attach the .txt file. 
    2. Intel Graphics Command Center report. Note: Click on the "?" Icon on the left bar, go to the System Diagnostic Tab and click on the Generate Report option.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
KhurramAR
Beginner

Hello,

please find the answers below. Thanks

1- How is your monitor connected to your PC? Are you using any adapters to get display (HDMI to DisplayPort for example)? 

A- It's a laptop built-in display.

2- Is this a laptop or Desktop computer? 

A- It's a laptop.

3- Run and attach the reports of the following utilities: 

1. Intel® System Support Utility for Windows. attached ssu-scan-win11-laptop.txt
  2. Intel Graphics Command Center report. attached igcc-report-win11-laptop.txt

Note: originally the issue occurred when the laptop machine was running Windows 10 Pro but now when I am answering, the machine has been upgraded to Windows 11 Pro. But the issue persists. The scan reports attached are from Windows 11 Pro on the same laptop.

Note 2: The same issue has now occurred on my Desktop PC just today. I want to note that when I tested IGCC earlier on my Desktop PC after when I had the issue on the laptop, it was working totally fine on the desktop PC. I checked the versions of both machines, I believe it was the same and there was no update in the Windows store either. I am not sure though. What I am sure about is that my Desktop PC was pending some Windows 10 updates when IGCC was working fine with "Capture". Yesterday night, I put my PC on update (for build 22H2) before shutting it down. Today when I was about to reply here, I discovered that the IGCC is missing the "Capture" option on this desktop machine as well. 

Note 3: I also found another application in the Windows Store - Intel Graphics Command Center (Beta). I tried that. It shows both the tabs "Games" and "Capture". However, the capture function does not work as intended. It just creates an out.mp4 file with the size of some bytes.

Hope this detail may help. Thanks

Regards,

0 Kudos
fireinlondra77

Hello,

Same issues with me, please find below my answers:

1- How is your monitor connected to your PC? Are you using any adapters to get display (HDMI to DisplayPort for example)?

A- It's a laptop built-in display.

2- Is this a laptop or Desktop computer?

A- It's a laptop (Surface Pro 9).

3- Run and attach the reports of the following utilities:

Intel® System Support Utility for Windows - attached (ssu-scan-win11-laptop.txt)
Intel Graphics Command Center report - Attached (igcc-report-win11-laptop.txt)

Note: My Surface pro 9 OS is Windows 11 22H2 (build SO 22621.963)

Note 2: As well as fo @KhurramAR , the issue has occurred only two days ago, while before IGCC was working totally fine. As well, after a specific Windows 11 update installed (KB5021255),  Games/Capture tab disappeared.

Note 3: I also tried from Windows Store the Intel Graphics Command Center (Beta) and it shows both the tabs "Games" and "Capture",  but I sincerly doubt the app works properly, especially relating gaming custom setups.

I hope that's can help too, thanks and regards,

Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @KhurramAR

Thank you for your response and the information provided. 

I could notice that your graphics driver version is a little old (30.0.101.1371), so please update your graphics driver version to the latest (31.0.101.2114) and let us know the result. 

Note: Make sure your laptop has all the Windows updates before installing the latest graphics driver version. 

If this step doesn't fix the issue, please send us new Intel SSU and IGCC reports so we can investigate further.

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
fireinlondra77

Dear @Joycelin_B_Intel ,

I have a Surface Pro 9, and I have the same issue showed bz @KhurramAR . As well as for the abovementioned user, I got this issue only two days ago, after updating my Windows 11 with the latest update (KB5020880 and KB5021255).

I checked my drivers with, Intel® Driver & Support Assistant app, and I seem to have the latest update (31.0.101.3959), while Windows Update has no pending updates. In addition, please find enclosed reports from IGGC and SSU.

Therefore I guess the issue on IGGC is not related to the drivers.

Thanks for your support,

Best regards,

Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, Everyone. 

Thank you for the information provided. 

We will investigate this issue internally, as soon as I have updates, I will post them in this thread. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, Everyone. 

The latest version of IGCC that was pushed to the Microsoft Store is indeed IGCC lite. This means that all game-related features have been removed and the display features remain. These game related features have been moved to Intel® Arc™ Control. 

We recommend you as users, if you meet the minimum requirements for Arc Control, to install the application to tweak their gaming features, settings and for screen/game capture related features. Intel Arc Control is bundled with our latest graphics software packages on Intel.com. For more information, see Information on Intel® Arc™ Control. For more information, see Information on Intel® Arc™ Control.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
powerarmour
Valued Contributor II

@Jocelyn_Intel wrote:

Hello, Everyone. 

The latest version of IGCC that was pushed to the Microsoft Store is indeed IGCC lite. This means that all game-related features have been removed...

Happy Holidays everyone! 🙄

fireinlondra77

Hello @Jocelyn_Intel ,

I already tried Arc Control for tweaking gaming features/settings and, as per my several experiments, the app seems pretty useless for this purpose, as well as hugely uncomfortable to use.

I  can't get any valid reason for that, since the IGGC seemed to be a good software to use and there's no alternative. Honestly, I wish I could come back to the moment I've  chosen a laptop PC with an Intel integrated Graphic Device.

Anyway, my reccomendation for the other users is to get the previous version of IGGC (1.100.3325.0, A01) which is still available on the internet, and to disable the automatic update of the apps from Microsoft Store, in the vain hope that one day Intel could give us a valid alternative.

Happy Christmas to Everybody.

Mpribadi
Beginner

@Jocelyn_Intel wrote:

Hello, Everyone. 

The latest version of IGCC that was pushed to the Microsoft Store is indeed IGCC lite. This means that all game-related features have been removed and the display features remain. These game related features have been moved to Intel® Arc™ Control. 

We recommend you as users, if you meet the minimum requirements for Arc Control, to install the application to tweak their gaming features, settings and for screen/game capture related features. Intel Arc Control is bundled with our latest graphics software packages on Intel.com. For more information, see Information on Intel® Arc™ Control. For more information, see Information on Intel® Arc™ Control.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Minimum System Requirements for Intel® Arc Control

read more here.

My CPU i7 gen 10th, so not supported. Why mutilated the video capture feature in the latest update?
GCC was fine before, updates means improvement, means going forward, not backward.

Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, Everyone. 

If you are more comfortable using the IGCC app, you are welcome to try the Intel® Graphics Command Center (Beta) which is still available in the Microsoft store and has the Game features.  

Regarding older IGCC versions in other third-party websites, you may try these versions, however, Intel cannot guarantee these will work as expected or they won't give you any issues since the only official IGCC versions are in the Microsoft store, which is the IGCC beta and latest IGCC version. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Stew52
New Contributor I

Check out the "Intel Graphics Command Center broken Capture functionality" discussion posting for more upset customers with this issue.

Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, Everyone. 

Our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We would like to let you know that your comments are important feedback for us and each one of them has been added to our records. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Mpribadi
Beginner

Same here, I've use the capture hotkey sp many times in my works, then suddenly its gone, the capture capabilities with all the menu in the intel Graphic Command Center gone. Last I remember there's an update from Dell Support Assist (XPS 7390 2 in 1).

@KhurramAR screenshoot of the GCC is in the same state with mine.

Rishon404
Beginner

Hi Khurram AR
Rishon404!

Hope you are doing great. I was facing the similar issue, as I wanted to optimize my games using IGCC (Intel Graphics Command Center).

I loved their interface and sleek ergonomic design. However, in their latest updates, they have unfortunately discontinued this feature.

But Intel has come with an awesome solution to this problem...

They have developed the new Intel ARC Control Application, which is available with latest graphics driver, on their download page.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/726609/intel-arc-iris-xe-graphics-whql-windows.html

(You can find update details and compatibility)

This new software is next level! - Its like NVIDIA Shadow-play but for INTEL (Its an overlay based software)

The user can do things like:
1. Monitor the GPU\CPU usage, in terms of render, shaders, etc.
2. You can now both record as well as stream in the most advanced settings (like Video Bitrate, Encoder) and that too with your stream cam.
3. You can add games by your self, or it will automatically self detect.

Cheers!

arc-control-performance.png.rendition.intel.web.864.486.png

2022-03-30_15-33-26.jpg

2022-03-30_15-33-28-1030x579.jpg

0 Kudos
powerarmour
Valued Contributor II

@Rishon404 wrote:

they have unfortunately discontinued this feature.

You got that right! 🙂

0 Kudos
panchuuung
Beginner

so we'll just stick to "can't customize/optimize games"?

0 Kudos